Sign in to follow this  
Guest beans

planning a re route

Guest beans

Hi AgainSorry to keep on asking for help,again and again.Can somebody please tell me how to plan a re-route to another airport when I am en-route for either low fuel situation or anything else that may happen.eg. I was flying from EGCC to EGGW. I wanted to go to EGBB. I can't find any help in the FMC section.All help will be much apprciated.Tass

Guest beans

Hi GeorgeIs this the best you have to offer ,or are you trying to tell me something . :-(

Tass,I seem to remember posting a little rundown on the divert procedure on the old forum, I`m not sure how to find that anymore,if someone who knows could maybe paste it on here to save my typing wrist! ?cheersjon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest beans

In the mean time if anybody could help me with the following I will apprcaiate the help-because I am set here doing no flying and I have ordered my 747 too.Please help me with this.When I reload a saved en route flight as we all know there is no flight plan etc in the FMC.The question is what do you put in the orig. airport box in the FMC when resetting the flight plan.If some one can tell me how to tell the FMC my position on relaod I think I will be OK.At the moment I am reloading the flight plan and I get the magenta line going all over, back to orig airport again and than to dest. airport.It takes me ages to delete the disco's to re plan the route again.I am sure there is away in which I can tell the FMC I current position and than start from there.Also can you tell me when to choose VNAV .many thanks for your help.Tass