Sign in to follow this  
Guest tstewart

KMIA - err: 09R Rwy unknown ?

Guest tstewart

Hi,I just updated to 0606 and when I program the FMC on the 737 to KMIA I get the error message above. I made the FP with FSNAV and exported the plan to PMDG. Would someone please give me a solution, Its been a long week at work and I'd love to fly to KMIA for some sun and fun!BTW the FP works fine with the LevelD 767?Thank-You:-)

I believe it's because, in the real world, KMIA no longer has a 9R it's now just 9/27 as there is now and 8L/26R and 8R/26L with the new runway.

Dave Paige

Guest tstewart

Thanks Dave,Can you tell me how to fix the problem? Do I need to get an updated afcad?Thank-You for the quick response;-)

Guest tstewart

Hi Owen,Could you be more specific about using 9 and 27. In the fmc I can't figure out how to manually enter an runway. In the dep page I can't select anything for KMIA. It just says rwy unknown. I am trying to use rwy 27. Sorry to be a pain. Hope someone can help. Weird thing is I use the same fp for the LD 767 and no problem. I did check the afcad and sidstar and both have the 09R listed.

You're using a newer nav database with an old scenery. Go to a site like Project Ai, and download a new AFCAD for MIA - it will add the new runway and remame them appropriately. I'm assuming that you're using the default MIA scenery.Go here, and type "KMIA" in the quick search, and download one of the SF2004 Standard files. (I'd suggest the "official" one). http://afcad.projectai.com/general/index.php

BobK

I don't believe the AFCAD alone will fix the problem. Look for a KMIA AFCAD from Jim Vile for KMIA in the AVSIM library. Not only does it have and AFCAD but an ILS fix as well. Versions for both the default and FlyTampa versions included.AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)FS9/Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=210/420/2520 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (1280x1024x32/4xAA/16xAF/High-Quality) | Enermax 550W PSU | Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV 1GB LAN | NV SATA-I Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXPx64/Games) | NV SATA-II WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 (Settings max'd/60-40Vis/No-Shadows/20FPS) | WideFS v6.16 | FSUIPC v3.617 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | EtcFS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel 1GB LAN | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 (512x512x32bit / Wx Influanced)| Radar Contact v4.01 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

After selecting the KMIA airport go to the DEP ARR page. Select KMIA ARR> and you can select runway ILS27 or ILS09. That would be the old 27R and 9R runway. Owen

Guest afluhart

What is happening is that your procedure file is requesting a rwy thats not there in FS9... either d/l a new procedure file or manually edit your sid/star with the correct rwy information. Just FYI, if you do a search on this matter you would find several solutions...