Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Is this an alpha floor equivalent in the 744?

I discovered recently that if you fly in SPD mode and enter a speed that is horribly slow, when the Queen slows down enough to induce stick shaker and head toward the red stall bricks, suddenly FLCH will kick in and give you a massive boost up and over to get you righted again. Is this an alpha floor equivalent in the 744? Is it dependent on speed or AoA? Jonathan

Guest D17S

Ahhh, the Falling Leif maneuver.FLCH SPD is that AFS

Another great post, Sam, thanks!Jonathan

Sam... Is this real world behaviour or PMDG behaviour? Thanks,Cheers.Q>

Guest D17S

I hear the atmospherics in MSFS do not allow accurate modeling of stalls . . .don't know about that. However I tried this in an MD11 "Big Sim" and it didn't act like this at all . . . thank goodness.The MD just put its nose down and gave away what ever altitude necessary to get back above the airspeed yellow. The sim operator didn

Stall modelling is diabolically bad in the latest few versions of FS.Ironically in FS5.1 you had a fairly good model in that you could spin, stall and even snap-roll aircraft, then in FS98 they lost the plot a bit.Hopefully with X coming soon we shold see a remedy to this, not that you want to snap roll a 747 or an MD11 mind you, but I like the idea of knowing I could TRY. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg