Sign in to follow this  
Guest rblaha

737NG crashes

Guest rblaha

I've recently purchased the 737NG and 800/900 packages but am experiencing CTD when I leave FS9 to run the Fuel Planner or Radar Contact. I get a message that the nvidia driver has failed.I don't get this problem with any other add on aircraft. Right or wrong, here's the sequence I use when the crash occurs.I start FS9, load the 737 and place it at the departure airport. I start FS Navigator and either load an existing or create a new flight plan. Everything fine to this point. The crash occurs when I leave FS9 to run the Fuel Planner or start Radar Contact.I've tried it with and without FS Navigator, doesn't matter. Any thoughts?ThanksRandy Blaha

Did you purchase the download versions first the 600/700 followed by the 800/900 (upgrade) and run the service packs?I have the CD 600/700 and 800/900 (full) versions from Aerosoft, applied their service pack, and I do not experience problems using the FS9 fuel planner (from the menu bar which works with the NGs) nor minimizing FS to go to RC4.01. I also am running Active Sky 6 (latest service pack 4) as well. FSUIPC is the latest interim release 3.617.I just noticed you stated it was an NVidia driver failure. Have you tried any of the earlier certified ones?. It sounds as if if you leave the FS9 window for anything you are experiencing a crash and this could very well be a video driver issue as the PMDG might be taking advantage of specific DX-9c calls not being used by other add-ons.With my earlier NVidia drivers card based 2XAA caused problems and it stabilized at 4XAA. I'd look at your advanced card settings.Just my experience.

Guest rblaha

Problem solved, so far. Since it kept telling me it was the nvidia driver, I ran Driver Cleaner, re-installed the 84.21 nvidia driver and all is well.I have the download version 600/700 and 800/900, installed within the last couple days so, I assume it's up to date? Are there service packs/updates available I should have? I thought I looked on the PMDG website but maybe I missed the updates.Thanks for the reply.