Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gashbro

PMDG 737-700 Throttle Warning Horn

Guest Gashbro

PMDG 737-700 Throttle Warning Horn. Unless in a cold dark cockpit, I am unable to advance the left hand throttle without a 'deh-deh-deh' warning horn going off. when I retard the throttle, it disappears. The right hand is fine. I've followed the startup sequence in Timothy Meztinger's 737NG tutorial, and I've repeated the exercise several times, but still the same problem. Any help gratefully received.Sean McCarney

Guest aluver

Flaps must be set on 5

Guest Gashbro

Hmmm, thanks, but still no joy. I can forward the No 1 engine throttle enough to get enough power to taxy, but anything over that, and the warning horn sounds, then cuts off when i retard the throttle....I've tried just about everything and been through the checklists many taxy is no fun. I guess that the PMDG 737 just isn't for me, but if anyone has any ideas before i consign this one to the trash can then I'd be really grateful to hear them!CheersSean

Sean,confirm you've set the stabiliser trim to the correct value?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Gashbro

Hi MarkusYes, checked that. The thing is that when all is cold and dark, ther's no problem, but even with just the battery master on, you cannot push the left hand engine throttle more than a fraction - the engine doesn't even have to be running. I've tried loading the 737 in various variants into several different start scenarios, and the problem is always there, whether I start from cold and dark or am lined-up ready to go on the runway.I'm at a loss to understand why...Sean

I get the warning if I raise the throttle too quickly for taxi. It takes quite a bit of thrust to get it moving, perhaps enough to fool the warning systems into thinking you want to take off and not fully configured. I do not get it when advancing for take-off. The main difference is FD is enabled and AT is enabled (but not SPD on the MCP) as well at the hold short.I think the take-off power schedule of not immediately fully quickly advancing the throttles to max might have something to do with it.

Guest Gashbro

Thanks Ron, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either. I can advance the throttle with all the speed of an extremely elderly snail, with a limp and a very heavy shell, and it still goes off. CheersSean

Guest Gashbro

Yes! It now works. Thank you all - it was a combination of all the things you guys told me about, and now all seems to be well.Thank you all very much for your help.regardsSean