Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

multi monitor setup

Guest Callmecapt

Might sound like a silly question, but I have bought myself a very snazzy 19" LCD monitor and would like to use my 17" CRT as a 2nd monitor for overhead panels or FMC's or whatever.I've done a search on avsim but can't find anything that tells me how to do this.Any help would be appreciated.Goran

You need to put FS into windowed mode and then undock the windows you want to move to the other monitor.I wanted the PFD and ND on a seperate monitor so as to get them bigger but there seems to be no way to do this as they are part of the main window.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Don't forget to change the settings to multi - monitor in your video card settings menu. I think with most you can either have two separate views or split the forward view into two across the two screens. I have mine set with the throttles and the FMC on the second screen - sometimes the overhead as well.I have also had the external view on the second screen which is great for take-offs and landings.

>You need to put FS into windowed mode and then undock the>windows you want to move to the other monitor.>I wanted the PFD and ND on a seperate monitor so as to get>them bigger but there seems to be no way to do this as they>are part of the main window.why not?Kust click on the PFD and ND. You would see the pop of the same. Now, left click on the popus and turn it into windowed mode. Now, you can move it to you second or their monitors.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Pete... You should look out for an ELO flat Touchscreen monitor. Look out for it on ebay.I got an open box (brand new) 19" Flat screen monitor for $600 or so. ( I once got a 14" CRT elo touchscreen for $80 which I don't use anymore)I use it as my second monitor...where I throw all the popups like you have it there... including the FMC. Its nice to use the FMC with the touchscreen.The only thing that its not good for is rotary knobs.For that I pefer real knobs like Go flight stuff or something. (and right mouse click.. your touch is always only for left mouse click)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello,I have tried to do a two monitor setup but I have not achieved it.Yes about windoed mode...Yes abou undocking the window...But how do you "MOVE" that window to the second monitor ?Jose Luis Basanta.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Jose,Simply drag it across - make sure you've selected multi-monitor mode in settings/Display/hardware or through your Graphics card setup system first though.

So, you mean if I have one monitor up and the other down, I move the window up and it will "exit" the lower one and "enter" the upper ?Jose Luis Basanta

Guest tomahawk_pa38

should do !

Oh! Incredible!I will try it.Thanks.Jose Luis Basanta

Manny,Thanks for the heads-up on the touch screen, never thought about that. Do they come in smaller sizes? wouldn't mind a dedicated FMC monitor. I feel yet more expense coming on, when will it all end?Pete.

Guest Callmecapt

Thanks for the help, folks.Much appreciated.Goran