Sign in to follow this  
Guest rjsniteflyte

FMC PROG DEST NUMBERS

Guest rjsniteflyte

Okay. I've tried everything and I still can't get it right. After entering ALL the flight data into the FMC, including the FS9 route or FSNAV or both shortly after taking off from my departure airport I open the FMC and click on the Prog key the milage to the destination decrease. But after just a few minutes they begin increasing. So if it's 5040 miles from EDDF to KSFO instead of readings of 5039,5038,5037 I star getting 5038,5039,5040,5041, 5042 and they just keep on climbing. This not only happens in internation flight but on domestics as well. Does anyone know what';s going on? If so...HELP!!Bob AdamsKSNA

I think the problem here Bob is that you might have a problem with the legs not being sequenced properly. Have you done the lessons? If not I suggest you do. After you have put in the route look at the LEGS page and make sure they match your flight plan. If not alter it so that it does. Resolve any route discontinuities you might have. I think what is happening is that you are getting airborne and the active waypoit is not sequencing to the next one. The nav system is still trying to get you to that active waypoint which is of course now behind you so the distance readout will be increasing instead of decreasing to the next waypoint. Sometimes this can be difficult to see if the problem involves a 180 degree conflict as the track line will still be visible on the ND it is just that it is the wrong way! So in summary. Load your route. Check on the LEGS page that it is in accordance with your flight plan. Make sure the active waypoint is in fact the one you want to go to (the one displayed at the top of your ND and is also magenta coloured on the map display). If not go to the LEGS page and line select the one you want to the top and then EXECute.Hope this helps you out Bob.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest rjsniteflyte

Steve, thanks and yes. I've read the lessons and have done the tutorials. Could it also be that I'm trying to use the FS9 sim built in route with ATC along with FSNAV flight plans? I'll jst keep working on it. This time implementing your very good advice.Bob Adams

I cant say for sure Bob. I generally just use the route page of the FMC to enter my Flt plan rte or just use the bog standard FS 9 route planner. What ever you use it should still be reflected correctly on the LEGs page. Give the above ago and see how it works. You might just want to try the FS 9 route planner and see how that goes.......process of elimination.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Another way to check your route preflight (at least on the 737NGs) is to select PLN on the EFIS control for the ND, set a suitable range, and then I think it is on the RTE page a STEP function will appear. As you LSK STEP your ND will go through the legs of your route displayed oriented north, not plane heading, so you can see the direction you will be going.This will then tell you if your leg sequence is OK. I'm hazy on this so check the FMC manual for procedure details.

Guest rjsniteflyte

Steve,As usual you were dead on with you analysis. If I use the SID from my departure point when the FMC tries to find the last waypoint and begins tracking backwards. Adding rather than subtracting km's. So in other words, FS9 data is not compatable with PMDG and if I want to continue using ATC then I'm stuck.Bob

Guest matey

I am not sure how to make a flight plan for PMDG with the FS 9.1 planner. Try using a planner that exports to PMDG FMC format (FsBuild 2.2 for example), or better make the flight plan and insert it manually in the CDU so you are sure that the waypoints are in the adequate order. I choose FsBuilt because it uses the same AIRAC from www.navdata.at as PMDG aircrafts so the data is 100% compatible. That is not the case between FS 9.1 planner nav data and PMDG nav data.Try a short fly, some 200-300nm so you can see all the waypoints on the ND in the proper order , check for discontinuities in the LEGS page.Here is a flight plan that must work, I have tried it several times:Madrid Barajas - Palma de Mallorca. LEMD-LEPA 304mn, FL310. Rwy 15 (LEMD)via toDIRECT NANDOUW107 CLSUN733 VLCDIRECT GATOSTry it without SID or STARs, only to check the proper progress of the PROG page.Best regardsMatey