Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

nice replacement landing light

Hi,There's a nice landing light texture from the Avsim lib by Nick Needham (Nicks_lightfix_v2). I just replaced the landing light file (spotlight.bmp) and the result is excellent:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151560.jpgNo more blinding yellow triangles on the ground.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

>Hi,>>There's a nice landing light texture from the Avsim lib by>Nick Needham (Nicks_lightfix_v2). I just replaced the landing>light file (spotlight.bmp) and the result is excellent:>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151560.jpg>>>No more blinding yellow triangles on the ground.Hi Pat,Just wanted to let you know that I entered the file name you listed and it did not locate the file. Here's the correct file name: nicks_lightfix_v2.zip. Thanks for letting us know. I have the old one but this one looks like it's going to be much better. I'm going to try it out and let you know how it looks. Once again, thanks for letting us know.Ken.

Guest Clansman

Is this 744-specific? or is it a generic lighting texture?Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Thanks for the hint Pat, I've used version 1 for a long time and loved it, I had no idea there was a new version. Thanks!Markus

Markus Burkhard

I had to download this as soon as I read it... I've really disliked the default landing lights... just a white triangle with no visuals at all. This is a good package. It has separate installers for PMDG 737/747 as well as FS9 aircraft, also has airport and approach lighting. There is much included in the documentation, and I've only tested the aircraft lighting so far. I noticed the taxi light is now a little too dim on my monitor (ViewSonic flat) but the landing light is excellent and even the taxi light may work once I get used to it. Thanks very much for the referral.

Dan Downs KCRP

Pedro,The landing light replaces the generic spotlight.bmp.There are other mods available in the package as metioned above (scenery lights, beacons, etc.), but I'm happy with those things already so only upgraded the landling light .bmp.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

You're telling me that we've been conplaining about this for years, and all it took was a simple mod of a file, geez LOL :-lolGreat find, I'll be adding this ASAP!!!!!

Alaister Kay

Guest Clansman

I've tried it and it's great! I've installed all the mods, but the most dramatic is definately the landing lights. Thanks for the explanations :-)Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest kame

Dear Pat,Thank you very much for your valuable information.As you say, just simple (replace a file), the result is naturally beautiful!Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Pat,Thanks for pointing this out and a big thank you to Nick Needham for developing it. A huge improvement, particularly the landing lights. Very impressive.Gerry

Hi, Pedro:How are the rest of the replacement lights in Fs9? Is it worth doing all lights?Jonathan

Guest Clansman

The nav/beacon lights, for example, look a lot more "drawn" at close range, but much more realistic at a longer distance. I'm still testing it out, but my feeling is that yes, it's worth replacing all the lights.I've noticed a little slowdown though, which I think wasn't there before, but I've also changed some graphics options so I can't be sure the ocasional slowdowns are due to the new light textures.It's all reversible. See for yourself and post your comments too.Cheers,Pedro Venda.