Sign in to follow this  
basa

Problems with 737-800-900 solved

Hello, I am new here, and I think that PMDG-737 is probably the best aircraft for FS2004 nowadays.I started with the 737-600-700. It was wonderful. So, after some weeks of flying it I decided to purchase the 800-900 update.I had a lot of trouble with the download, but at last I did it.When the update was finally installed and I loaded the aircraft I had continuous crashes of FS9.The problem was partially solved deleting the FS9.cfg file, but the second time I loaded the PMDG-737 FS9 crashed again. Then a new deletion of FS9.cfg was needed, and new crashes of FS9 happened. I was desperate !!But I had an idea: I first loaded another aircraft (the default Cessna-172) and afterwards I opened the upper bar menu (alt key) and there I choosed the PMDG-737.Wow !!. The system worked perfectly !!. So, I never directly load the PMDG-737, I always load it after loading another aircraft (the Cessna-172 is a good one).And finally another recommendation: Never load two complex aircraft in the same FS9 session (PMDG and PSS), one of them will spoil the other one.Regards. Jose Luis Basanta. Pontevedra (Spain)

Guest UPS523

Ill have to give that a try. i more or less have givin up flying the 737's theres nothing more frustrating than flyin for 5 hrs and having it crash to desktop

Guest andyman

PMDG and Lvl-d can be fussy, especially lvl-d and feelThere in my experience.

Well, I had that idea because the crashes happened when the scenery was being loaded.So, I thought: I can load the scenery with a "no-problem" aircraft (the Cessna-172) and afterwards choose PMDG-737. As the scenery was already loaded the problem "should" be overriden.And it was !!!. Now I can fly PMDG-737 without problems.