Sign in to follow this  
Guest kw2p

Autobraking system does not work - help?

Guest gremel

I just did a complete 'uninstall' of the 747 and a reinstall and still cannot get the autobrakes to work. I did an autoland at KPDX and everything was smooth except 'zero' autobraking....I didn't touch a thing..There is a problem somewhere and I have no clue as to where it might be located.jack

Guest kw2p

Hi,It looks surprisingly unlikely that PMDG are going to grace us with a response to the problem. I thought by now we would have had an official comment.I'll keep on bumping 'till something happens.regards Kenny.

Guest Loiosh

Could I politely request a screen shot of your landing display again? Captain's view and a pop of the Radio Panel may help people trying to reproduce this issue.Thanks.

Guest kw2p

Hi LoioshI appologise that i am not able to get to my pc at the moment.As soon as i can i will post screenshots as you request.Thanks for helping.regards Kenny.

Guest christianholmes

Yeah, it's a real dog :) I only get like... 30 frames per second when sitting on the runway, in the VC, with heavy Project AI traffic around. Totally stinks ;PSo- I finally finished up to part 4 of the type rating last night. I decided to fly the approach into Moses Lake for the #### of it. I did an autoland since at this point I can't imagine handflying it. I turn the autobrakes to 4 since I didn't know the runway length- Guess what????!!!!!!!! NO AUTOBRAKING!!!! Spoilers deployed, and everything seemed fine, but it just kept trucking ahead! I finally had to manually put on full brakes. I use the CH propedals with differential brakes.Oddly, when I do an RTO, the autobrakes work fine. Or, at least they did the other day- I am going to fly this flight again, and save it before landing so I can test it in different configurations.

I just wanted to add my name to those who are experiencing this problem. This happens in both Auto and Manual landings. I've tried to revert to earlier versions FSUIPC with no luck. I hope someone can come up with an answer.Charlie - KSBP

Guest kw2p

Hi LoioshHere are 3 screenshots.1. Final approach - captains panel view.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kenneth.willi...n2/pmdg/001.jpgThe autobrakes are set to maximum.2. Just after touchdown - Radio panel view.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kenneth.willi...n2/pmdg/003.jpgNo autobraking occurs.3. Just after touchdown - captains panel view.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kenneth.willi...n2/pmdg/002.jpgThrust to idle - no autobraking occurs.I hope these images are ok to link to and are not too big - they are on my own homepage.Regards Kenny

Has anyone asked Robert Randazzo specifically about this? I am surprised and a little dismayed not to see any official comment from PMDG about this. It has been on the forum long enough for some official action.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest gremel

I totally agree with your post. Sometime is definitely amiss..Anybody at PMDG monitoring these posts? This is not intended as a flame, just curious.Regards to all,jack

Guest gremel

bump.....I know somebody from PMDG is monitoring this forum today..:)Anybody want to take a stab on this one !! Great screen "shot's" Kenny. jack

I don't know if you have already, but in your shoes, I'd send an email to support@ precisionmanuals.com - that's the proper channel for receiving support anyway and the only way to ensure that things reach us!(I am still on the road - will try to assist when I get back).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest kw2p

Hi LefterisApologies for using this method for support. I have had previous contact with Paul at support by email but he was unable to resolve the problem and thanks to him for his assistance. Since then it would appear that the problem is more widespread than first thought as more people are coming forward to confirm the same symptoms so I thought that it should be re-stated.I appreciate you input very much. I am sure this can and will be resolved.I also hope you don't mind if i keep bumping these messages to the forefront. It is very easy for messages to be engulfed by others.Regards Kenny.

Guest kw2p

JackThanks for the comments re: screenshots :) I tried to make a video using fraps but the quality ended up very poor and the size was +++MB!Regards Kenny.

Keen man Kenny. A hand flown approach with no FD or AT's. I notice that you have no Vref, waypoints or runway displayed. Do you have anything in the FMC? Just trying to look at all possible angles.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest kw2p

Steve,I only set up the approach to test the braking. So nothing much in the FMC.Regards Kenny