Sign in to follow this  
Guest gooper

is Airbus becomning more co-operative wit the FS community

Guest gooper

hey all, came across this press release just a short while ago...I was always under the impression that Airbus treated the FS community and developers with disdain and had little interest in working with developers like PMDG and others when it came to flight simulations...this release makes me think that Airbus is re-thinking there way of doing things...any comments on wha looks like a promisng new relationship....?"Flight One Software is excited to announce an official partnership with Airbus Military (AMSL) for the replication of the A400M military transport aircraft to be used in Microsoft's Flight Simulator.Following the success of the manufacturer-endorsed ATR 72-500, Flight One will be working closely with Airbus engineers and staff to develop an officially sanctioned version of the A400M, which will replicate in intricate detail this new airlifter for the 21st century.The advanced 3D aircraft model will include a fully animated aircraft exterior, as well as provide an in-depth virtual cockpit and a virtual cargo hold. As you'd expect, the Flight Model will be validated by Airbus staff to be as accurate as possible.Flight One is scheduling release in the first half of 2007, and it is anticipated that all the new features of the new FSX version of Flight Simulator will be used in order to make this a fun, as well as realistic, aircraft to fly."

Remember thinking the same myself when I first saw that release, but then the cynic in me said maybe it's just Airbus MILITARY that's more accomodating :)Still, I would hope you are right. In any case my main consolation was when PMDG announced a modern Airbus. However it can be done, obviously it can now be done right.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest kame

Hi qooper,Very interesting information!I'm looking forward to realize both of PMDG A320 and Flight One Softweare's A400M as soon as possible.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I have it on disk.It's a very nice aircraft to fly rather like a modernised C130.It has got a few bugs though.It 'hobbyhorses' in level A/P controlled flight. The A/T is unreliable too.Apart from that, it is very, very nice and the GPWS calls are very clear.www.play.com is where I purchased mine. I think you will find it the best value too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

That's presumably the Wilco (or Just Flight) A400M, not Flight One's, which isn't released yet. I wouldn't want to be spending a lot of money on an add-on for an aircraft whose design is still changing.Not sure how much co-operation you would need from Airbus to design a good A320. Airbus aren't going to release proprietary details, but then again neither will Boeing. However a good simulation engineer could reverse engineer reasonably accurate simulation models using a copy of the FCOM with input from Airbus rated pilots.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest kame

Thanks Kevin,If that's the Wilco Fleet A400M, I'm no interesting.I have been disappointed at the level of Wilco Fleet with A380.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest kame

Wilco announced "New Flight Simulator AIRBUS FAMILY project takes off ! "It said: • Complete and ultra realistic digital « fly-by-wire » technology • Tested and validated by active Airbus pilots and instructorsI'm much interested in which is better and faster PMDG or Wilco+FeelThere.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Obviously the market will have to decide that when we've all released, but I'm more than confident we'll have an extremely well done simulation of the aircraft. Our reputation for accuracy in modelling complex systems speaks for itself I think...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest kame

Of cource, I hope also PMDG will live up to our expectation. I have known very little about the FeelThere.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Personally, I don't care what Wilco does. After what they did to Anticyclone and the people who bought A320PIC they don't deserve my money.

>hey all, came across this press release just a short while>ago...I was always under the impression that Airbus treated>the FS community and developers with disdain With recent turmoil in Airbus and departure of executives at the highest level there indeed could be a major change in attitude.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Michael,i wish you were right but honestly i doubt ... as a french team we tried years ago with the right contacts to do something but no way ...even airbus pilots from misc companies on 345/346 got a non distribution clause on perfs side so imagine for the 380 ...hope thinks will change but really not sure ...see you