Sign in to follow this  
captdini

Is this modelled ?

Hi folks,My question is as follows:Is the fuel config indication modelled?I did a recent flight with main tanks full and 1300 kg of fuel in the center tank. As per SOP, On taxi take-off, & climb upto 10,000 feet I had turned off the center tank pumps as the fuel quantity was below 2300 kg. This action should have given me a fuel config indication, but it was not so.Can anybody tell me if this is simulated.Thanks,Dinshaw.

"Can anybody tell me if this is simulated."The trigger point on our 744's is 2700 Kg, so I assume PMDG's is about the same. i.e. fuel level above 2700 and pumps off should give a message. Yours seems to be below the trigger level, therefore no messages should be generatedCheers.Q>

Hey Q,Thanks a ton for the reply. A stupid error on my part.......I was referring to the 737 NG, and not the 744. :) Is the fuel config indication annunciated on the 737?Thanks,Dinshaw.

The trigger is around 750~800 Kilos for the NG, Dinshaw.It's not working in my copy, either... Maybe there was some kind of regression in one of the updates? (I was sure this was working before).Cheers.Q>

Hey Q,Yes, the trigger is around 725 Kgs and more on the NG. Like you said, it may be some kind of regression in the update. Gonna try and see on my next flight while doing the landing checklist if I get a master caution on recall with one pump off and crossfeed open, see if this is modelled. Oh well.......Thanks a lot for your response.Take care,Dinshaw.