Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

747 back in the hangar

Guest jayson2830

I guess I will have to put the 747 away in the hangar. The noise level is just too high. In climb out and cruise I can barely hear ATC instructions, half the time I hear them wrong. Only on descent and approach can I hear clearly. It doesn't help to use a head set.

Have you tried turning the sounds down?

Guest jayson2830

I tried everything in the sound options, however I did just change to a livery that had different engines and allthough it is still noisy it is a lot better, at least I can make out what ATC is saying.

Hi RichI do a lot of flying online with ATC from Vatsim and am a member of a VA. I had a similar problem to you, but not because I thought the engines were too noisy but because my hearing is not as good as it used to be and although polite I think I was annoying ATC with continually asking for repeat instructions, so I solved it this way after reading a thread on here may months ago. I bought a headset which uses USB, and set them up according to the instructions. Now I get all plane noises through the loudspeakers of my audio system with its own volume control so can adjust to keep the neighbours happy, and only ATC comes through the headphones. I have to say it is just like the real world when I have my occasional flying lesson in a Cessna. Also can hit Q on the keyboard and turn just the plane sounds of for as long as I want and the ATC still comes through the headphones, useful for realy late at night. Don't put this plane in the hangar, or you will be missing out on a load of fun.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest jayson2830

John Thanks for the reply. Actually my hearing is still pretty good. I have a USB head set that I haven't been using. How do you set it up to send the engine noise to the speakers and the ATC through the head phones? I wasn't aware that was possible. I really like this Plane and would like to keep flying it.

Rich, that only works with standalone programs such as those you use when flyin gonline or with an addon such as Radar Contact. The default MSFS ATC will come the same way as the engine noice.Having said that I suspect that you still haven

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest jayson2830

TordJust before I received your reply I went to MSFS options,Sound and changed the settings there and now all is well. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for your input.

I would appreciate knowing how you did that?Was you using two sound cards?

Dave Taylor gb.png

When you use a usb headset, your pc recognizes it as an additional sound card basicly. I don't have Radar Contact, but I know that with Squawkbox you can assign which sound device you prefer to use it with, be it your sound card, on board sound, or your usb headset.

Hi again allWhat has been written is absolutely correct. With my usb headset came all the instructions for setting it up. Have to say this works well on online flying and squawkbox3. Don't think it will work with ms2004 ATC as a previous reply has answered. When I installed (or plugged in) cant remember now, but when going into Sounds and audio devices in control panel there are drop down menus for audio and voice (this had to be done before any other adjustments) and you can choose your devices from there, and also in the adjustments for squawkbox3regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest wayne459

Hi everyone,can anyone give a manufacturers name for the headsets? I'm going to see if I can get myself a setWayne

Hi all againMy particular set is Logitech regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest tmanaon

JC,What USB headphones did you get. I have stopped flying on VATSIM completely because i am unable to hear ATC instructions above the noise of the engines even with headphones because both engine noise and ATC comes through my headphones. But if i can isolate only the ATC to headphones, boy that would be great.Please let me know how you did it and what headphones you bought.Anthony