Sign in to follow this  
Guest beans

No landing airport info in dep/arr on FFC for diverted airport?

Guest beans

Hi Could somebody please tell me how to get the diverted aiport info in the FMC for landing purposes.I planned a flight from EGCC to EGLL.on route I wanted to land at EGGW.I reprogrammed the FMC to fly direct to EGGW.The flight route reappeared on the ND,but sadly the dep/arr screen did not change,it still lists EGLL as the arrival airport.So,if anybody can help me modify the dep/arr screen to show EGGW as the new arr airport I will be very grateful.Tass:-)

Sure. Go to the route page 1 and enter EGGW over EGLL. Then go to the legs page and put EGGW at the top (or some other waypoint you want to go to on the way to EGGW) and delete everything else. Now when you go to the DEP/ARR page you will get all the STARS and approaches if there are any for EGGW.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest beans

>Sure. Go to the route page 1 and enter EGGW over EGLL. Then>go to the legs page and put EGGW at the top (or some other>waypoint you want to go to on the way to EGGW) and delete>everything else. Now when you go to the DEP/ARR page you will>get all the STARS and approaches if there are any for EGGW.>Cheers>SteveMany thanks Steve,nice to know there is always somebody on the forum who will have the answer.Tass:-)

Guest Ray51

There is a much easier way. I program as route 2 a flight from my departure airport to my dirvert airport via my normal destination. While in flight I can call up route 2 and activate it to divert and all the approach info is right there. If you decide to divert prior to getting to your normal destination all you have to do is edit the active route.Ray

You are quite correct Ray and in the real world this is generally what is done. RTE 2 is loaded up with the diversion routing and then if you have to divert you just select RTE 2 and activate it.I think the issue raised here was if you wanted to divert to an enroute airfield and not necessarily your destination alternate. You can also use the procedure I mentioned to return to your departure airfield if need be.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Is this the 737 we're talking about here - didn't know you could programme a second route.