Sign in to follow this  
macpac22

747 Engine Blast...Real or Fake?

this is definately real, look at the water how it is thrown back as well, remember water is a very heavy liquid !

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest JTH

But why would people be on the beach? Surely 744 takeoffs are regular there. It's a strange one.

Guest aarskringspier

>But why would people be on the beach? Surely 744 takeoffs are>regular there. It's a strange one.Thats TNCM one of the most famous plane spotting areas in the world. Do a search on airliner photos for it and be amazed.

Yes it's TNCM indeed. What you see on that video is actually kind of the local game to try to resist the blast the longer one can. Silly game, that is.I once saw a video, same location, with a guy holding the fence, and blasted, the body was horizontal...It's a rather old video though.

>But why would people be on the beach? Surely 744 takeoffs are>regular there. It's a strange one.Because it's fun.

Guest alexhn

There was an explanation for this video released some time ago which makes much more sense - that the people RAN away from the fence to escape the sand which was being stirred up from the jet blast

Guest matey

>There was an explanation for this video released some time>ago which makes much more sense - that the people RAN away>from the fence to escape the sand which was being stirred up>from the jet blastActually thats what happened, after a while at take off power there are a lot of sand and all kind of rubbish fluying in a ferrocious storm so people prefer to have a bath.I have a similar experience at LESO airport on the back of a MD-88. Between my position and the runway there is a river of some 50m. The runway is only 1750m and in front stays the sea and the small town of Hendaya, so the pilot waited until the engines stabilized at full power before releasing the breaks. 10.000kg x 2 at full power with all that thunder are no joke and even less with the fence on my back!! Not a healty place for observation..;-)

I have no doubt its real.Even the prop wash from a cessna 172 can blow debris...but a jet as this? I would think so.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The Show americas Funniest Videos once had a video of people standing there with a KLM 747. Pretty much the same result.

>came across this video and cant really tell if this is fake>or not but it appears to show people being blown into the sea>by a 747.Frankly the quality of the video is so poor that it is hard to tell if people are really "blown" into sea against their will. They could simply be running into or simply being slightly 'pushed'. The distance from the engines to the beach is not small. Michael J.

Guest woottsbj25

I went there (to TNCM) last year. it's an absolutley fabulous place and I'd reccomend it to anyone wishing for a great holiday; lying on a beach while a 747 roars 10 feet above you is an amazing experience to say the least.Yes, this is true. Every time a large jet taxies out for takeoff, swarms of people go to the fence. The blast is incredibly strong, and they do, literally, have to hang on. I didn't try it myself - I had my camera :-hah

Guest AJ

THose people do not look like they are being blown. THey look like they are running. IF they were being blown as depicted in that film there would be serious injuries. THe Jet blast is storng, but not that strong, especially at that distance. THe others are right. They are just fleeing the debris storm.Andrew