Sign in to follow this  
Guest glide

please consider doing a 777 one day

Guest keiron

Wilco do one, PSS do one!and guess what, they're both poo!The only two companies that have done excellent models with FMC are PMDG and Level-D. Try not to spit our dummies out as i'm just voicing my own opinion.....

Guest aarskringspier

>Wilco do one, PSS do one!>>Now if YOU were PMDG, would you really think that the time,>cost and effort was really worth it so that all the people>that want one on here can consider buying it?>>Then it appears on disk in the shops shelf's.................>>I can here it now......... "oh not another one"?>>Give me a break.Give you a break from what? You think people wouldnt buy one even with those pieces of total crap on their hard drive? If PMDG made a 777 it would sell just fine.

Hi Randy,I think that the PSS version is fine. I have it. If all you want PMDG to do is to make one that has a 'Fix' facility in the FMC then, don't buy it. What you don't seem to realise is that, all of us on here, are only a fringe minority of the total market.This means that it wouldn't be a viable seller for PMDG even though I too, believe that PMDG's version if they did one, would be far superior.A company has to think long term and if I was part of the team I wouldn't bother when there is so much more out there to do that hasn't been done yet.I think their choice of the 'MD-11' was very good. There isn't a decent one out there!This will sell, as a result of their speculation and total expertise.Maybe, PMDG would like to answer this question in order to confirm my thoughts?EDIT: to correct spelling.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest matsuman

I think it's a matter of time. Perhaps the next version of FS.I'm sure PMDG will keep this in mind. We really need a B777 out there and PMDG is the perfect market for it.But then again there is the 787 and the 747-800.Kin M.(Klax)

Guest adl320

I agree with this point. As much as I like the 777, the only reason why I'd want a decent one is because there are no SERIOUS Airbus models out there. I for one think it would be much more technically interesting to model the other major commercial airplane manufacturer. The automation logic is different enough between the two to make it a new challenge for those of us not used to Airbus. They WILL require unlearning of the Boeing way of doing things.As far as business opportunity is concerned, there is a much larger demand, I believe, for professionally modeled Airbus aircraft than current Boeing offerings. No one has done it better than PMDG and Level D.

Guest Loiosh

I second the feelings about the Airbus. Sadly not a single developer has touched what makes them so magical. Yes we have the physical systems, most of the FMC-equivilent features, and some Alpha-Floor modeling... but -no- one has touched the automated flight system. I would like to add a second dirty desire that the 737-NGX and A320 get a proper WxRad implimented in FSX. I hope FSX is able to provide what the team desires to make that possible.

I believe one of the FSX developers said they are trying to include the provisions to do so, but that was a long while back :) We'll just have to wait and see and keep our fingers and toes crossed :-lol

Alaister Kay

Guest DLM9000

One of the arguments against the 777 is that it is so similar to 737NG and the 747 as far as the core systems. I think this would be an argument FOR the 777. From the products point of view, this is a dream business case where you get to reuse code and re-sell a complete product with a reduced development cost. As the director of my company's products division, when the engineering teams from R&D come to me with an idea, I ask, "what are the spin-offs?" and "what parts are reuseable for other products?" It is safe to say that some of this airplane could be constructed from source code that is already on the PMDG shelf.I think it is safe to say that most people who bought the 747-400 would buy the 777. That is a pretty good business case.On PMDG's behalf, "Time resources and money". I know.Personally my votes for development, in order of preference are:A320737NG FXA330A340777757Dash-8 400ERJ170 Dennis Mitchell

A 777 would be nice.......but an A330/A340 would be FANTASTIC!

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Agree i would love to see PMDG make a 777-200LR Regards,Ryan

Guest crosswinds

Hi Ryan,I think the beauty of the 777 is in its simplicity.... not many complications, simple, solphisticated systems & the TOTALLY NASTY GE90s.Its simply beautiful! Go after it!- Jay

Guest keiron

>A 777 would be nice.......but an A330/A340 would be>FANTASTIC!Agreed! I guess when PMDG have finished up with the A320 and MD-11 they wont just stop there..so who knows!:D

Guest ivo

PMDG should make:1.777 (perhaps different variants like the -300ER and -200LR)2.A330/A3403.A3204.A3805. 7876. 747-8and perhaps other project in between but this is what I would be happy to pay top dollars for.

Guest FLEX

>Hello:>>Well, PSS has made a 777.>>Anybody knows about its quality ?>>Jose Luis.IT NOT that GOOD.. it a peice of nevermind hehehe

Guest abulaafia

if it is so similar to the 747 (which I doubt, but hope) -- it shouldn't take that much time ... many features would possibly be ready. Well, just to add my voice to this: Airbus 320 is fine, but we already have a professional small plane, the PMDG 737. What we don't have is a good A330 or B777. As was said above, the competition doesn't even come close!So pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, think about it PMDG!!!regardsMarten Weber