Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

Please help....

I just bought the 747 and love the plane, awesome all i can say but man does it run sucky on my computer, 13fps in VC blows, takes all the joy out of flying. so i am at the point to upgrade the hardware, so here is what i have3.06GHz P4 533Mhz 478 socket2GB ram DDR80GB RaptorSoundBlaster X24XP Pro SP2Nvidia 7800 GS 256mb AGP8I am thinking of going to AMD FX624GB ramGEForce 7950 GX2 1GB PCIAnybody out there has this type setup what will i expect, i want something around 25 FPS constant in 747 VC so tired of this scroll refresh.anyone out there with info would be great,thanksAndre.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Something is not right. I am not familiar with your graphics card, but I have a 3.2GHz P4/ 533 MHz FSB/ 1GB DDR/ 80 GB Maxtor / 128 MB ATI Radeon 9800.Most weather conditions my sim works at 25-30 fps on the Queen.Are you sure nothing else is going on?- Neeraj

Positive, i disabled all un needed services and programs, all i have running is FS and AS2004 for weather. in VC it blows, in 2d cockpit works around 20+FPS, but i dont fly anything except VS, also one more think is i have very high rez too, I do dual Monitors. so my res is running about 2560x1024thanksAndre.

Guest christianholmes

Yeah, it's probably the resolution that's doing it. Also, what are your graphics settings? I have 16AF, 4x antialiasing, 1280x1024- pretty much everything turned up, and running just one of my 7800's (not SLI) I get around 20 most of the time on the ground (I have Project AI installed too). I did install the DT3 textures or whatever they are too. My other 7800 went back to the factory to be fixed, but I'm expecting about 26-27 FPS after I put that back in.

geez and i thought my computer was bad!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest matey

Did you have that problem on the ground or in the air? Maybe you have loaded some scenery as well. There are scenerys that use too much graphic CPU. By the way I have P4 3,2 Ghz double core, 2Gb ram 800Mhz, Nvidia 7900 256Mb and everithing was smooth at some 20-23 fps. But yesterday I have reinstalled all Fs2004 with an Aerosoft scenery Spain airports, PMDG 737 and 747 with all the updates and than I tried the 747 at Madrid Barajas and the frame rate in the VC dropped to 13-15 fps. I still have not touched FS2004 video config and I didn

Guest chuckburmester

I had the same problem with my system and the F. I downloaded O&O defrag as per capt. Randazzo's suggestion and that doubled my frame rates. They offer a 30 day trial so it would not cost anything to try. I used the complete/name defrag method as per Randazzo's suggestion and I liked it so well I purchased a licence for both my computers.Here is a link if you want to try it.http://www.oo-software.com/en/Good luck,Chuck Burmester

There is no single video card on the market that can run a 2048 resolution smoothly. You'll probably need to lower your resolution or get SLI to be able to get a smooth framerate at that kind of insane screen area.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com