Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

No FMC KMCO information at all!

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi guys,Frantically set up a flight today to do a real world/time journey and when I got to the DEP/ARR page in the FMC it had an error and contained no information what so ever for Orlando International, KMCO!Anybody know why this is so and if there's a fix for it?Cheers.Mark.747400.jpg

What did the error message say?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Just tried it and all the info was there. SIDS and STARS all loaded OK. Do you have the latest PMDG SIDS/STARS?Cheers Steve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest fullflapsplease

Yeah, this is the only airport this has ever happened at!Can't remember the error msg exactly something like;KMCO err: IARK unknown.I did load the AIO pack from navdata tooCheers.Mark.ADD: this is the exact message and I do have the latest AIO from Navdata for the PMDG.747400.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

Re-loaded everything back in from scratch but still nothing, keep getting that error msg :(The funny thing is, if I scroll through the LEGS pages, when I eventually get to the last page it lists KMCO and has runway 18R as the landing runway but there's nout in the ARR page it offers me no runways at all nor STARs?Really strange, I even checked the navdata to ake sure KMCO was in there and guess what, it is!Any further help would be appreciated.Cheers.Mark.747400.jpg

IARK is the localizer for the new runway. Although the runway is included in AIRAC data by Stefan from NAVData, the localizer information is still missing.I have provided instructions for editing the navAid.txt file in my kmco.txt SIDSTARS Update for KMCO, which fixes the problem you're having. You can download this from either NAVData or AVSIM if you don't have it. If you have it, open the kmco.txt file with a text editor and follow the instructions... it's real easy edit, let me know if you have any questions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi, Dan and thanks.I have downloaded your latest KMCO navdata but I can't see any instructions on how to install or update the data base?I don't know whether to just extract your files to the PMDG SID/STARS data base or not?I have also mailed you re this if you wish to answer that way rather than on here?Cheers.Mark,747400.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

So, I did just extract your files and unfortunately the problem still exists :-(What a pain, seems I'll never get to Orlando, oh well, must be something I'm doing wrong, usually is.Thanks again.Mark.747400.jpg

Just updating the SIDSTAR file doesn't fix the navaid.txt problem.. open the KMCO.txt file, at the beginning of the file are instructions on what to do to the wpnavaid.txt file located in your FMCWP directory:// Added ILS17L/35R, which requires the following editing to wpNavAID.txt (cycles 0513, 0606):// Find line of text that contains IDDO, which is// KMCO 35 ILS/DME IDDO ILSD 28.408112 -81.295593110.50I// change 35 to 35L such that line is now// KMCO 35L ILS/DME IDDO ILSD 28.408112 -81.295593110.50I// Add after above the following (copy and paste):// KMCO 35R ILS/DME ICER ILSD 28.415667 -81.281000111.15I// Find line of text that contains IDIZ, which is// KMCO 17 ILS/DME IDIZ ILSD 28.435612 -81.295883111.75I// change 17 to 17R such that line is now// KMCO 17R ILS/DME IDIZ ILSD 28.435612 -81.295883111.75I// Add after above the following (copy and paste):// KMCO 17L ILS/DME IARK ILSD 28.415667 -81.281000110.95IHope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fullflapsplease

Cheers, I'll have a try at that.Thanks again.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

One (stupid) question, where is the FMCWP directory located in FS?Cheers.Mark747400.jpg

FMCWP should be in the FS9 directory, same level as PMDG, Modules, etc.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fullflapsplease

Told you it was a stupid question, I always try and look further into something than is ever necessary :-|Anyway, it's all done thank's for you'r help, on my way to Orlando in the morning ;-)Again, thanks a lot for your help.Mark.747400.jpg