Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

Fuel Capacity 747-400 PMDG

I checked the search function, but found no suitable answer.Question : in the PMDG manual it states MAX Fuel capacity is 386.000 lbs.I never reached the need to fill her up but on a recent flight from DXB to SYD I need for taxi full tanks - on the fuel page I had a surprise : Max fuel only 382.800 lbs !Who is wrong - the manual or my program ?thanksKarl, Berlin

Another thought :Is it possible that the outside temperature at DXB ( 41 C ) will influence the fuel tank capacity ? If so, another top point for the quality of the PMDG products . . . Karl,Berlin

Guest woottsbj25

I think the absolute maximum loadable is 386,000lbs (i.e. tanks full to the brim). However, I think the PMDG 744 fuel loader automatically adjusts the maximum fuel level you can load, dependant on the weight (ZFW) of your aircraft - if you load fewer passengers and cargo, your max fuel load will increase.Hopefully somebody more au-fait with this system can expand on what I've said.

Tom,no it was way below MTOW - some 45K - Karl, Berlin

It would be interesting to know if the specific gravity of fuel is taken into account with this product. Did you try several times to load this fuel? did you try to adjust the outside temp and see what happens?Be interesting to know the results.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

On the real aircraft, capacity is affected by engine type. I don't know if this is modelled in PMDG, however.With one particular engine type, the engine strut mounting takes up more room in the wing, reducing the amount of fuel you can uplift.Cheers.Q>

@steveSo, I am back in town again - have been in GLA ( with a real aircraft . . .)No I tried only once - as I mentionned before I never was near to fill her up . . . will ckeck on this further.Karl,Berlin