Sign in to follow this  
Bina

PMDG 747 & FSUIPC 3.6.5

Hi all!I've recently "upgraded" my FS9.1 Modules folder with the FSUIPC version 3.6.5. Now, when I register the module and try to load any of the PMDG QoS (pax or cargo model) I get an error message saying: "You need FSUIPC version 3.4.8 or later. FS will now close" and FS closes, although the unregistered version suits quite well and doesn't cause any problem when the PMDG aircraft is loaded. It's strange, as having a "good/bad habit" of upgrading to the newest versions of FSUIPC and other FS add-ons I have never come accross such a problem with previous versions of the module. Furthermore, while observing this error message on my screen, I've noticed (in WinXP: Task Manager -> Processes) that the memory usage by FS9.exe was rapidly increasing to unbelievable numbers of 450, 500 and more megabytes starting from some 220MB. I was even more excited to see PMDGOptions.dll a culprit of all this mess after looking into the FSUIPC log file (.txt). Here is an excerpt from the log just a few seconds after the registration: ======================================================================FSUIPC Key is providedWIDEFS not user registered, or expiredModule base=61000000ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5EWeatherOptions(Orig)=40003605[40003605]InitDelay: 0 secondsWeatherReadInterval=4LogOptions=00000001DebugStatus=15 2094 System time = 00:55:35 2094 D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 2109 System time = 00:55:35, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z) 7922 FLIGHTSOTHERFLTSIM.flt 7938 AIRCRAFTc172Cessna172SP.air 8250 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP" 10797 Module [M1] identified = "ActiveRadar.dll" 23469 AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400B747-400.air 23766 Aircraft="747-400 Air Canada" 40813 Module [M2] identified = "PMDGOptions.DLL"======================================================================Is something wrong with the new version and the way PMDGOptions.dll accesses the module (as mentioned in a few posts around)? Could anybody help solving this problem? I really like both FSUIPC and PMDG 747s and don't want to suffer from any conflict between these two superb products!Thank you and Regards,Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Rustam,Just fired up mine to check. I haven't got the cargo version but mine works okay.Try re-loading the FSUIPC file again and overwriting the previous? If not it's possible you have a corrupted download.

Dave Taylor gb.png

The issue is caused by an invalid key for FSUIPC. I had the same issue and while everything looked fine it wasn't.I got reissued with another key for FSUIPC and all was well again.

Dave T. and veldthui,THANK YOU ALL. I also doubt the problem is associated with a wrong reg. key. I'll try to solve this issue now.Once again, thank you all.Regards,Rustam

Regards,

Victor Quebec