Sign in to follow this  
Guest franant

PMDG & FSNet

Guest franant

HelloPerhaps everybody listened the FSNet add-on for Flight Simulator (http://www.gates.to). The PMDG has plained to make compatible his airplanes with this software? I think that it could be very convenient for PMDG to release a compatibility kit for this software.... :)RegardsFrancesco

Guest franant

But why?I think a lot of people could be interested on this thing... This could be a great opportunity for you to increase orders for you products (specially for the 747). How many people would not fly with no other crew members? I think very few people like fly alone with their airplanes... So, why don't exploit this opporunity to increase the interest of the flight simmers in your product?Yes, I know your products are already very popular (I borught all your products, and I'm very satisfied of these ones), but i think a lot of your customers likes the idea to fly together in the same airplane as pilot and co-pilot and, eventually, as other crew members or passengers... don't you?Francesco

Guest hirnwut

Yeah too sad it doesn't work for the PMDG 744.A friend and I were thinking about the FSNet addon recently too, because we would love to fly on the same aircraft on 2 computers. One on the left-hand-seat, the other one as F/O. So I worked myself through many forums (this one as well) and found out that it is almost impossible to "send" all the important aspects of controlling this aircraft thorugh a third party program (correct me, if I'm wrong).But I remeber I read in this forum, that maybe PMDG itself is planning such a program?!PMDG seems to settle very well in the FS-business (they are even selling FMC's now :-sun1)... and as I know businesses they'll soon think about expanding more and maybe they'll create such a program for our beloved PMDG aircrafts?Would be soooo great guys :-ukliam @lex

Guest franant

If the problem is to send all aircrafts specifics to the Gates.to Staff, this problem do not exist. The PMDG staff can request the SDK to gates.to staff, and develop the compatibility kit themselves.But, if the problem is a technical problem (due FSNet limitations), then i can understand this, and i hope that the PMDG Staff consider the option to develop a program (or something else) that gives the opporunity to the users to fly together in the same aircraft... Because I think that gats.to revolutioned the flight simulation, and this will be the futureRegardsFrancesco

Guest hirnwut

I imagine the 744 as a simulation inside a simulation and as far as I understand the the technical recommandations to link two 744's via network goes far beyond the capabilities of a prgram such as FSNet.Just enter PMDG 747 in their forum...Maybe we should bother PMDG long enough to create something like that for PMDG-only airplanes :(@lex

Guest franant

I (and, I think, the other people) say this, not for the PMDG-only airplanes, but I would like to see the PMDG products too in this project, or in something else similar. I speak here, because I use, at the present, the PMDG products only. But, if i will use other products than PMDG's ones too, I think I will ask to the software houses the same I'm asking here in this forum.This is my opinion, but I hope this could be reallity in the near future...Francesco

Guest Loiosh

Reading the forums one of the major issues with that software is that it has advertisements running -after- you have purchased and paid for it. ...right. If I buy your program you don't have a right to run advertisements. Thank you, but no. When their developers grow up, companies may take them seriously.

Guest franant

I know the advertisements are annoying (they annoy me too), but I is a little surplus to pay for this big software!If all next PMDG software will be like the 747-400/400F, I expect fly these airplanes will very hard for alone flights.I hope the PMDG will do something to integrate this new technology, otherwise i foresee two alternatives: pilots will become crazy flying these airplanes, or will not buy other airplanes...Ok, the PMDG, at the present, is the best software house for Flight Simulator, but i think it could be better when it will give the opportunity to two or more people to share the same airplane, and fly it together.regardsFrancesco

>I imagine the 744 as a simulation inside a simulation and as>far as I understand the the technical recommandations to link>two 744's via network goes far beyond the capabilities of a>prgram such as FSNet.>Just enter PMDG 747 in their forum...>Maybe we should bother PMDG long enough to create something>like that for PMDG-only airplanes :(This is an insightful post... ;) We're well aware that people want this sort of capability.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>If I buy your program you don't have a right to run>advertisements. You aren't buying the program, you are buying a license to use the program. BIG difference.

>Ok, the PMDG, at the present, is the best software house for>Flight Simulator, but i think it could be better when it will>give the opportunity to two or more people to share the same>airplane, and fly it together.My car would be better if it flew, but you don't see me complaining to GM. ;)

Guest franant

>This is an insightful post... ;) We're well aware that people>want this sort of capability.This means that the PMDG will do something in this way? :)RegardsFrancesco

Guest franant

>My car would be better if it flew, but you don't see me>complaining to GM. ;)I think it is a little different.Make to fly a car is more and more hard than write software.In the specific, if the PMDG wrote so well his products, I think that write or integrate something that allows to fly together in the same airplane it is quite easy for the PMDG...Now, or the PMDG is doing something, and don't want to reveal us it, because they want surprise us with a last minute notice, or there is some problems that I can't understand...RegardsFrancesco

Guest Nickio20

We as consumers just want to know that something is atleast in progress. We are not asking for details. Ok, it is fully understandable as Randazzo explained earlier that this would be very hard to incorporate 744 with FSNet, so scrap that idea.I am sure that online multicrew operation has a future, but so far none of the developers are even talking about it. If you think about it, we are starting to run out of airliners to design. Sure only a few of them are great, but its just not a market if somebody already made it. I am just saying that planes are great, and we have them, but I am sure that I speak for the majority that we would rather like something done about the multicrew ops at this point.I am willing to pay separetely and perhaps even monthly for the connection to a feature like that. Right now I feel like we are at a standstill with such a great idea, and I Surely (not anybody's name) would like something done about it.Thanks,Nick Matveev