Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Any new on TRC5?

Hi guys.Been on holiday for a while so foregive me if this has been brought up before. I was just wondering if there is any news on how TRC5 is going and when it will be ready. I'm not trying to push people along its just that I was thinking of doing my frist long haul and I would like to be able to have a knowledge of landing manually to add a bit of a chalenge at the end of the flight. I will postpone my flight until I have read TRC5 though because I feel my landing technique leaves a lot to be desired. :-lol Keep up the very good work on the TRCs, I look forward to them like I do a new release.Andy S

Andy I cant help with the news on TRC5 but why not go ahead and do your flight and just let the aircraft autoland at the other end? Once you have the aircraft established on the ILS, with the autopilot engaged, all you have to do is put out flap, lower the gear and set the speed on the MCP panel and the aircraft will do the rest. You can watch what it does and when it does it and then try the same technique yourself. This aircraft autolands very well.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

>Andy I cant help with the news on TRC5 but why not go ahead>and do your flight and just let the aircraft autoland at the>other end? Once you have the aircraft established on the ILS,>with the autopilot engaged, all you have to do is put out>flap, lower the gear and set the speed on the MCP panel and>the aircraft will do the rest. You can watch what it does and>when it does it and then try the same technique yourself. This>aircraft autolands very well.>Cheers>SteveYes, it sure does. I was watching a documentary on TV a few years ago with Alan Alden in the right seat who plays on the TV series M.A.S.H. The pilot had his hands off the yoke and the airplane landed perfectly, hands off. But I can't remember if this flight was done in a simulator or in the real thing. I think I taped this documentary but I'll have to go through a bunch of tapes to find it. In the simulator, Alan Alden tried to land the airplane but he had the 747 making all kinds of manuevers and crashed. He was making excessive manuevers. It was a sight to see.Ken.

Guest christianholmes

Yeah, I am waiting for that too. These courses are amazing so far! These courses put PMDG so far ahead of the other developers in terms of support and training that I'm not sure I will buy another add-on by anyone else. On that same note however, I'm glad I waited until now to buy the 744 as otherwise my lack of knowledge would have had it collecting dust- the same as PS1.3 did until I finally sold it on Ebay! This has really renewed my interest. Actually, it has renewed my interest so much that I am getting my butt back in the air (REAL air) tomorrow at 8am! Even though it will be a 172, I am still looking forward to it. I wonder if I can still grease a landing after 5 months grounded? It will be a new instructor so I'm sure I'll be nervous too. I just hope I don't do something stupid like call for gear up ("What? I mean... Never mind... Five Mike Alpha Departing one five to the south...")!!!!!I'm really looking forward to the next course... Thanks PMDG...

Guest gremel

Every large input to the control column during the landing phase requires the same large input to counter it. This is extremely amplified the closer you are to the ground during the approach to land. Relatively small inputs achieve better results when in close proximity to the tarmac..Regards,j