Sign in to follow this  
Guest fencer88

PMDG and CH THROTTLE QUADRANT

Guest fencer88

Hi,Has anyone used the CH THROTTLE QUADRANT with the 737NG? I am especially interested in finding out wether it is possible to control the flaps and - more importantly - the speed brakes/spoilers with the physical axes?Thanks in advanceBruno DUPRE

Guest piper99

Hello Bruno,I have the CH Throttle Quadrant and both the 737NG and 747. I use registered FSUIPC to set it up, including flaps and spoiler. It works like a charm with the 747 but unfortunately I can't make it work with the 737NG.I asked the same question on this newsgroup many weeks ago (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ng_type=search) but nobody ever answered. I then asked PMDG support twice but never got any answer from them.I hope you will have more luck and get some answer to this. I am too very interested to know how to configure the TQ to control flaps and spoilers on the 737NG!Christophe.

Guest fencer88

Hi Christophe,Thanks for answering so fast. In fact I haven't got (yet?) the throttle quadrant. It's just that I am tired of controlling the spoilers with the mouse or with the keyboard (for the flaps, F6 and F7 are OK but the spoiler commands are something else...)I haven't got (yet?) a registered copy of FSUIPC so I was thinking (naively?) of using just the CH Command center since I have the USB version of the Virtual Pilot Pro. I now realize that it might not be enough. I'll try to take some time this weekend to look into it and I'll let you know if I make any progress. I'll also forward the request to PMDG support and see what happens - maybe I should try CH support as well.Just out of curiosity, I would like to know if anyone reading this post has succeded in controlling the PMDG 737NG'flaps and especially the spoilers with ANY control device (I am thinking of the levers of the CH FlighSim Yoke for example).Thank you.BrunoPS : Christophe : I have a feeling that we are in the same time zone (I live in Paris...)

Guest piper99

Bonjour Bruno,Registered version of FSUIPC is not strictly necessary to use the Throttle Quadrant but I found it to be the simplest way to get all my CH controllers up and running.There are multiple ways to configure the TQ. If you do a search on this newsgroup with "throttle quadrant ch" you will find many posts on that topic.Cheers,ChristophePS: no, we are not in the same time zone. I am actually 10 hours ahead of you, in Australia ;-) But was born not far from where you are ;-)

I have a CH Yoke and have managed to configure the three accompanying levers for reverse thrust, spoilers and throttles respectively using FSUIPC. Not sure how I did it, just played around with the settimgs in FSIUPC until it worked (my normal approach)Works perfectly for PMDG 737 and 747. Renzo

Bill Miller

Guest piper99

Hi,After trying many things I finaly found a setup that works for the throttle quadrant, including flaps and spoilers!I use a registered version of FSUIPC (ver 3.65). To control the flaps with the TQ do this:1) Axis Assignment in FS2004:Delete any assignment made to the flaps. This makes FS2004 ignore the lever because we will control it with FSUIPC. In my setup I disable the joystick in FS2004 and control all my assigments with FSUIPC.2) Axis Assignment in FSUIPC:Assign the axis (eg the rightmost lever) to the flaps, using the "send direct to FSUIPC" option.Note: The axis position can be sent either to FS2004 or directly to FSUIPC. With some aircrafts (eg the PMDG 737) the flaps will only work with "direct to FSUIPC".3) Calibrate the flaps in FSUIPC:Check the "aircraft specific" in the calibration page. FSUIPC automatically recognises the aircraft type and will define the correct number of flap detents. Check the "REV" checkbox (reverse).Voila!The great thing with FSUIPC is that it can automatically change the joystick and button assignments when a aircraft is loaded. This is something that FS2004 nor CH Control Manager can do.Christophe.

Guest tmetzinger

I've used FS axes and FSUIPC to get throttles and reversers working in the 737, as well as the flaps. I gave up on the spoilers though - I use a toggle to extend/retract them and use the mouse to put them in the "armed" position.On the throttle quadrant, I also assigned the microswitches that are activated when you pull the lever to the idle detent to generate the keystroke to cancel TOGA. That way if you reject a takeoff just yanking the throttles back will cancel TOGA, reduce the thrust to idle, and your autobrakes will kick in if you were above 80 knots.-Tim

I have the CH yoke, throttle quad, and pedals. I use registered FSUIPC to assign throttle, mixture, and when needed prop axes on the throttle. The pedals just work without any input from me. But for the spoilers, I assigned that axis through Flight Simulator to the mixture lever on the yoke, and it works perfectly for me. The only "problem" I have is when certain aircraft (like PMDG's) won't raise the spoilers prior to takeoff. I've heard this has something to do with the plane realizing it's not in a mode where spoilers would be called for. Once airborne, though, my setup works just fine right up until I'm parked again.

I too had problems getting the spoilers to work on the ground with the throttle quadrant and PMDG 747,finally cured by reducing engine idle to around 25% from around 38% which also cured a few other problems.Was a while ago and can't remember exactly what I did. regards Jim

Guest JTH

I have the throttle quad and had no problem setting up two levers, one for flaps and one for spoilers. I have a registered FSUIPC but I don't think I used it at all, there is an option is MSFS Assignments to assign flaps and spoilers to an axis.The only thing I haven't got right with either the 744 or the NG is when I'm at idle, the reversers come on. I have the values set up correcly in FSUIPC but this still happens. Anyone know a solution to this problem?

I also had a problem with the throttle being too sensitive and engaging the reversers at the MIN position. What I did was to enter a setting in the lower MIN box that would give a comfortable null zone. Below are the settings from my FSUIPC.INI file. For the first throttle, -7051 is the reading for the MIN position and -12414 is the end of the null zone (where the reversers will deploy)....Throttle1=-15431,-12414,-7051,15316Throttle2=-15431,-11654,-7221,15430..Charlie - KSBP

There's a way to program the TQ using CH control mgr, no need for FSIUPC.Reverse thrust is flawless (engage only when all 4 levers are pulled back), flaps and spoiler deployment can also be assigned to the TQ.Perhaps you can take a look at the PMDG744 profile under the civilian sim download section athttp://www.ch-hangar.com/CH control manager isn't a user friendly tool, but a template like this one helps. Once the profile is completed to your satisfaction, it can be autoloaded at windows start up.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS