Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

The PMDG MD11 - Virtual Cockpit Preview

I can never fully follow what FS platform it will be released on.What I am trying to say is that I think alot of people have been waiting to see what SP1 will do to the FSX engine before releasing new airframes. You are probally right about the FS9 only release for the MD-11, so perhaps that blows my theory for the MD-11 release. I was just trying to cast a ray of sunshine on the wait :)Aaron B.

>I can never fully follow what FS platform it will be released>on.>>What I am trying to say is that I think alot of people have>been waiting to see what SP1 will do to the FSX engine before>releasing new airframes. You are probally right about the FS9>only release for the MD-11, so perhaps that blows my theory>for the MD-11 release. >>I was just trying to cast a ray of sunshine on the wait :)>>Aaron B.I think Dave was just having a little joke....though I may be wrong.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>I think that goes without saying.>>GerrySo where you live, a business doesn't do what the customer ask if they can? If a customer asks for something, the business just tells them to go away or something along those lines? How on Earth does anyone make money?

It doesn't ambush them or make the customer the point of a practical joke.Gerry

No Gavin no joke. The MD-11 was asked for before FSX was known about and was the result of a survey done by PMDG as to what, we wanted next for FS9.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Uh Dave,>>actually what is in the latest progress update is still>valid:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=128474&page=>It is not yet decided if the MD-11 will be for FS9 & FSX or>FSX only... (5th paragraph)>>Regards,>Markus>>Hi, Markus and thanks for your comments.I am not anything to do with software (At 65 years it all came to late for that) but, isn't FSX a seperate coding for something that was written for FS9 and is in Alpha already?Can the code be changed so quickly, if the decision is to make it for FSX?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,I'm in no way an expert on programming, Bill, Michael, Lefteris or Robert are the cracks here... However I know that the gauges (instruments, system programming and more) are written in the same language, no difference between FS9 and FSX. And since the airplane's systems and avionics are by far the most complex parts of an airliner simulation I would say yes such a decision can indeed be made quite late.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

To clarify a bit on what Markus mentioned, hopefully without making him feel too bad about it:While the base language that produces the programming side of any addon product is common (in our case, it's C++), there are HUGE differences between FS9 and FSX in terms of the interfacing that's required to produce the final bits. One of them has been ongoing since last June and that's compliance with the new SimConnect status quo for compatibility with FSX.Another large issue that Vin will be all too happy to discuss (NOT!) is the modeling changes that have come into play between versions - while FSX still "supports" most of the FS9 models, the features that FSX adds are important enough to warrant splits in the modeling code.So - while the decision is still unmade - the underlying factors should not be so summarily characterized as "well- same language, so no difference between FS9 and FSX" - the two products could be as different as a Porsche and a Ferrari - both have four wheels and an engine, but when you compare, do you find them identical?Hope that shed some mud into the light...or vice versa :-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest A32X

Don't get me wrong but what's delaying the decision as to whether the MD-11 will be for FSX or FSX&FS9 ?

Thanks Lefteris for clarifying!Markus

Markus Burkhard

>It doesn't ambush them or make the customer the point of a>practical joke.>>GerryRestoring images that someone asked for is, ambushing them and making them the point of a joke? How in the world do you get that out of Vin reposting images?

>No Gavin no joke. The MD-11 was asked for before FSX was>known about and was the result of a survey done by PMDG as to>what, we wanted next for FS9.:-jumpy WOW I had resigned any hope for ever flying the MD-11, until I saw this post. And what survey are you talking about??And then an PMDG representative comes and ruins it for me x( Oh well.........I still have the wonderful 767/747 FS2Crew combo to play with.Golli.