Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

MD-11 for FS9 or FS10?

This is for the PMDG team.With it shaping up that FSX will be released around the end of September/beginning of October this year, will the MD-11 be released for it or FS9? I and I know others are waiting until MS's Vista/DX10 gets released hopefully in Jan 07 as well as DX10 hardware (none currently exists) before buying FSX. We would hate to have to wait some months before being able to use the MD11.Thank you for your reply in advance.

Eric 

Guest Tom Meyer

Where did you hear FSX will be released, "around the end of September/beginning of October this year"?

Guest Loiosh

See AVSIM front page, though that counts as a rumor. (Recap: Amazon annouced release date for FS-X).I personally am looking forward to running it on Vista. The improvements to DX10 are lovely.

Don't mean to be rude, but I prefer this topic stay on track...can I just have a PMDG member answer this topic for me please. Thank you.

Eric 

This is what was said in the "So.... What's Coming from PMDG?" thread.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=109900&page="MD11:======The PMDG MD11 is still in Alpha testing- and is progressing normally. Currently we are looking forward to Vin delivering the completed Virtual Cockpit so that it can be married to the 2D cockpit- with a full visual model to follow. Not too sure when you will begin to see images- but it won't be for about 2 months... We expect that this product will released before FSX is released- and will be compatible with FS2004 only upon release. Once FSX is released we anticipate updating all registered owners with an FSX compatible version as well. We do not anticipate any cost for this service since the MD11 will release in such close proximity to FSX! (Aren't we nice?)"

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest Loiosh

It will be released first for FS-9, then FS-X.