Sign in to follow this  

Round the World-FINAL PIREP

In Multiplayer Options, you can tell your copy of FS to send and/or receive detailed aircraft info. I had both of mine turned on.I saw a custom Cheyenne with Michael's repaint (including the RTW Tour logo) on it. I do not have the plane or the repaint, yet I saw both because someone else must have been sending the info and I was set to receive it.For others, I did see copies of my own plane.--Tony

Intro tune]It gives me great pleasure to be here tonight ....... blahdy blahdy blah to make these presentations to some very special people:Firstly for their unswerving dedication to enforcing the rules heres two special RTW Sheriff badges for Scabbo and Lahso, well done gents:http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/image...ge/winniema.jpgSecondly in reverse order the winner of the Screenshot prize goes to Jim for the amazing overlay of the globe during his arrival into Wrangell Alaska. There were no "Jaggies" on that photo, and neither are there any jagged edges on this amazing collectable Jet Set in unbreakabkle metal ;-)[/i. Congratulationshttp://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/image...age/278-811.jpgFinally for the most far fetched series of PIREPS ever to be posted in any Flight Simulation forum, the prize has to go to Emergency Pants whos wide stories of unusual passengers and other stunts had us all ROFLMAO, including the Mongolian boy and the cornflakes. To help you spread the message to the unbelieving masses, please accept this rather marvellous Buzz Light-Year Telephone set:http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/image...age/tp-buzz.jpgAll of the above were nicked this afternoon from www.gasolinealleyantiques.com Go check them out ;-)Once more, many thanks to all involved, see you all shortly for the Pro Series and of course the race. Good luck all and from me, adieu.

Not sure how you saw that? I have the send and receive on as well and you still need to have the plane to actually see it? R U sure you don't have the Cheyenne and maybe the texture on another plane?If not I have no idea how you saw it, cause it ain't supposed to work ;-)

I had both send and recieve checked on the MP Session we did. I would asssume that it has to work since Scabbo did see my plane and it is impossible for anyone else to have my textures. Even if scabbo had the logo, it is "part of" the texture of the plane so it wouldn't recognise it and load it seperately. Let me know if you wanna give it a shot on the MP sometime. I think I got all my firewall stuff sorted out thanks to your guys help! -------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" -(Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

WHOOPS!I do have the Cheyenne. :) Sorry for the confusion.It's the C421 (is that the number?) Golden Eagle that I don't have.--Tony

Yep, and I was flying the 421C in "Round The World" Colors.-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" -(Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Guest Jim

Haha this is toooo funny....I would have preferred a set with leaded paint and rusty jagged edges. I guess if I leave it outside long enough it will rust up.ThanksJim

Well, I still want to get this sorted out, if nothing else but my own curiosity. Perhaps we can all get together for a test MP flight this weekend -- if anyone's up to it I could be available tomorrow afternoon (say around noon PST -- 3pm EST --um, I forget the rest, maybe 9pm Germany?).I still want to know if just *having* the aircraft in question is enough -- if I have the F16 in my aircraft folder can I see someone else flying it? I understand about the switches -- and I had all of mine turned on.If we do any more of these around the world MP flights (and my next suggestion is to try and fly a squadron around the world, so *each* flight would be MP -- there is historical precedence for this, as the first around the world flight was done by multiple planes, although only one actually made it) then I'd like to work out all the bugs including having all of us see each other in more or less the appropriate planes. I think this could be handled IF the above were true by having "substitute" planes named appropriately, but we can work out the details later.Let me know if anyone is up to another MP tomorrow (nothing terribly long or my wife will kill me -- perhaps an hour at most while we play around with various settings). I'd really like to host (or at least *try* hosting) since that's one of the things I want to clear up and I do think I have the horsepower for it (in terms of connection and CPU). Regardless of whether I can get hosting to work I'd also like to try and join someone else's host.

Yes just having the aircraft in your aircraft folder is enough. Some buddies of mine and I did a MP flight around the world, but nothing organized and we all pretty much have the same planes so it was pretty cool.I'll be around tomorrow at 3:00. I'll look for you here to see if you have an IP up.Or just email the iP to me.

Well guys i know this is late but after flying for over 14 hours i was tired and took a couple days off. I want to say it was an honor taking part and i can not wait till the pro version, i have many tricks up my sleeve for then you can be sure i also have some suggestions about the rules and i will mail those to tornado wilkes. Lahso dont forget you promised us a package of screenshots and pireps i look forward to. Once again great trip guys lets go get them in the pro version!

Tornado...How will we know if and when there is a Pro or other RTW Challenges...?Is there a common spot we can keep our collective eyes open for or...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

I should be around too. Im not sure I have the horsepower to host, but I do have a fast enough connection. I would like to give FS Host a shot to see how well it works. I think I got alll my firewall issues sorted out. Will check later for an IP or you can email it to me.-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" -(Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Guest emergency_pants

Tornado Wilkes... and all...I'm honoured to receive my brand new, spanking Buzz Lightyear Telephone. I will keep it here on my desk at work always!!!! ;) (cue incredulous stares from my work colleagues!)I note that it has a "ring activated blast-off light"!! The flames of his rocketpack light up!!! I must phone myself in a minute and test it out (again!). It's a feature-packed-fun prize!!I'm having a hard time keeping my fingers off it... and am now at the point where I am pushing the buttons on it, pretending it is my flight computer. *BeeP*BeEp*bEeP*Thank you very much... I look forward to continuing the story.I'm sorry I didn't manage to make the last fly-in... it looked really cool and I read your posts above with envy. My GF arrived home after 2 weeks away and so we spend some quality time together... hence my disappearance. Also went to the Cricket at Lords to watch England thrash India... yeah!Anyway... I'll sign off now... I'll keep my beady eye peeled for the next set of baton antics... but please do e-mail me just in case I miss it!!In the meantime... *sordid 'baton' joke inserted here*bye for now..."TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!"Simon.