Sign in to follow this  
Guest mia

CLIMBS DURING CRUISE!!!

Guest mia

Hi all!!Which are the correct procedures for making climbs during cruise using obviously the FMC ?? this is a route From KMIA to SPIM:MIA9 EONNS A509 URSUS UA301 UCA/N446F360 UG437 GONIS DUXUN UKLOS SISEL GYV/F370 UL780 VAKUD TRU UG436 SLS SLS2I

Guest Loiosh

1. On the MCP increase the Altitude to 360002. VNAV Page on FMC3. Type in: FL3604. Select the LSK for 'Cruise Altitude'5. Exec the change.6. Click once on the MCP Altitude button.

Guest mia

>1. On the MCP increase the Altitude to 36000>2. VNAV Page on FMC>3. Type in: FL360>4. Select the LSK for 'Cruise Altitude'>5. Exec the change.>6. Click once on the MCP Altitude button.Thank you very much for your replay, So I have to set my new cruise level into the PERF page (737NG), then execute, and then, Where do I have to click? to the ALT HOLD or to the VNAV button??Thank you again!!RegardsSantiago

>Where do I have to click? to the ALT HOLD or to the VNAV>button??>Santiago>Yes, WHERE is that supposed MCP speed-button-center click ?My PMDG-737 speed button has not a center click, it has only + or - clicks at both sides, but nothing in the center...Anyone can explain ?Thanks.Jose Luis.

Sorry, it was my mistake in last post, i am referring to ALTITUDE button, not speed button.Jose Luis

Guest woottsbj25

I think they thought you were talking about the 747, no the 737. With the 737, I believe you have to press the "VNAV" button again for it to begin a climb.However, in real life they don't normally use VNAV. They chance to Vertical Speed mode and dial in just a few hundred FPM to climb them up. This means it is a more comfortable climb for the passengers - VNAV is quite a sharp climb, not really suitable for use in a cruise when the seatbelt sign is off, meals are being served, hot drinks are out etc. So do the same procedure as above, but instead of clicking the VNAV button, click the Vertical Speed button and dial in 3-400FPM. Once you reach the altitude you can then press the VNAV button again to engage the cruise settings as calculated by the FMC.

Guest Loiosh

Yes I was speaking about the 747-400, my apologies about that. Tom's post is correct about what one should do with the 737.

Guest mia

Thank you ALL!!Yes, I was speaking about the 737NG, so, the correct procedures for the 737 will be: 1. On the MCP increase the Altitude to 360002. PERF Page on FMC3. Type in: FL3604. Select the LSK for 'Cruise Altitude'5. Exec the change.6. And finally push the VNAV/or the VS button.Best RegardsSantiago:)PD.- Yesterday I made a flight, and I tried to do all the steps, except number 6 and the aircraft climbs alone, without pressing again VNAV or VS.

Guest D17S

Actually (for the 744 only), you can dial up/down the MCP and just tap the MCP altitude knob. That will reset the FMC's cruise altitude AND initiate the level change.Pull up the FMC's Vnav cruise page and try it. Get the airplane to a VNAV PATH cruise. Now, watch the FMC's Vnav cruise page CRZ altitude change with just MCP altitude window changes > knob taps.