Sign in to follow this  
Garys

747-400 Control column Distance

Hi Guys,As their are quite a few people here who have access to the flightdeck, I was hoping you would be able to tell me the measurement in inches between the centre of the control columns on the 747-400 as pictured. This is for my home flightdeck project.ThanksGary http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152111.txt

42 (Forty Two) inches precisely.Control column axes are 13.5" from the sides of the thrust quadrant (the thrust quadrant is 15" wide). By Thrust Quadrant, I don't mean the pedestal, but the curved section where the thrust levers are (on top of the forward pedestal).Note that the thrust levers are not in the centre of the thrust quadrant. The thrust lever centreline is 7" from the Captain's column axis and 8" from the F/O's column axis. 7" + 8" + 13.5 (x2) = 42". The pedestal is in the centre of the cockpit, but the levers aren't.Cheers.Q>

Awsome, Thanks very much for the info.Gary