Sign in to follow this  
Guest tlsuk

Comm 1 Radio

Guest tlsuk

Hi Guys.I was making a flight between Dubai(OMDB) and Cairo INTL (HECA) with real world weather (updated every 15 mins) through FS9 connected.I set the ATIS for Dubai on comm radio 1 (131.70) on the active FREQ and the ATIS for Cairo on comm radio 1 on the Standbye side (122.60).When I was nearing Cairo I pressed the little button to change over FREQ for the ATIS which in turn made my PC crash.I have tried this twice now and both times has resulted in a systems crah.If anyone has any ideas would be good to hear from you.Thanks.Tony

This has happened to me many times but not every time.. but I suspect it is in FS9.1 (the upgrade). It never happened before the service upgrade from MS, even with PMDG (so it seems to me). Have you also installed FS9.1?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tlsuk

Hi Dan.Thanks for the reply.No not running the upgraded version of FS9. I as wondering if it had anything to do with being connected to the Internet using real time weather?Tony

Maybe, but I'm always running Active Sky and it doesn't always happen; however, I've got updates set to run at 20 min intervals so I can't rule out your hypothesis. If you figure this one out please let me know.

Dan Downs KCRP