Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Pushback problem.

Sometimes... When I do a pushback.. it keeps reversing and going on and on and it just doesn't stop. It only happens sometimes.I use something like 2 and L90When I start clean.. usually there is no problem. But if I make 1 trip and then shut it down and then restart from my first destination for my second trip. I have had this problem.I ran into this twice.Is it soemthing that I am doing?BTW.. if I start the engines and push the throttle forward or applying brakes etc does not help.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Loiosh

I've been addled by this bug before as well. I ended up having to save and reload.

Guest beans

HiCould you please tell me how did you get the push back on the 747 to work-when I scroll my mouse over the input area nothing happens.The whole pushback panel is dead on my plane.I use shift p followed by 1 or 2 for push back at the moment.Thanks.Tass

Tass, don't take this the wrong way, but did you bother to read the manual? It's right at the beginning. Well, at least I seem to remember it being there.You have to right click on the button to get it to light up, select what you want, and then left click to get the pushback to start.

Guest beans

Thanks Mike-no comments.I have read parts of the manual but obviously not this part.Thanks again anyway-no offence taken-we are all friends here helping each other-BUT ...only joking.Tass:(

Guest matey

Better read the manual before asking Tass, like we all did, and not only once.The PMDG 747 is a very complex plane and some features don

Guest tmanaon

Manny,This is a problem that i have experienced and i do not think you can do anything about it except reinstall. What i do is simply to hit SHIFT + P when it happens (as if i am stopping the normal default aircraft pushback). This will stop the plane. You can proceed on your flight from there. The only problem is that sometimes, when i am already at 3000 feet, i will hear "pushback completed..engage parking brakes" as if the pushback just ended at that point. But that is a minor inconvenience.Anthony

Guest Joshuah Wetzel

I have found that this bug occasionally activates when I start up the plane manually, but it might be different for other people. Usually I just start the flight at a gate and with all the engines running due to the fact that I only have a limited amount of time before it's my sister's turn on the computer! After I used PMDG's push-back system, I am never going back to the old Shift+P command. I find PMDG's version more acceptable due to the fact that you can have your plane rotated 90 degrees in either direction.Joshuah Wetzel

Guest tmanaon

Joshuah,I also use only the PMDG pushback system. I only use the Shift+P to stop the aircraft when the PMDG pushback would not stop itself.Anthony

Guest Joshuah Wetzel

Okay, I see what you mean now. I never thought about activating the original Shift+P to stop the aircraft from push-back. Great information!Joshuah Wetzel

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Download FSCopilot - it's free and gives a choice of length of pushback and direction.

>Manny,>>This is a problem that i have experienced and i do not think>you can do anything about it except reinstall. What i do is>simply to hit SHIFT + P when it happens (as if i am stopping>the normal default aircraft pushback). This will stop the>plane. You can proceed on your flight from there. The only>problem is that sometimes, when i am already at 3000 feet, i>will hear "pushback completed..engage parking brakes" as if>the pushback just ended at that point. But that is a minor>inconvenience.>>AnthonyHi EveryoneI also experience this problem occasionally, and as Anthony say simply hit SHIFT + P to stop the pushback but also engage the parking brake CTRL + . at this time. You will then hear "pushback completed..engage parking brakes" and the pushback sequence will continue as normal. You can then continue taxiing and take-off without funny announcements at 3000 feet!! I know this is not the best solution, but until someone at PMDG finds out what causes this to happen and post the workaround, I will have to continue doing this when the problem presents itself.Happy Flying!!

Guest Joshuah Wetzel

Yeah, but so does PMDG's version. You can select how many meters you want to be pushed back, and you have the choice of a 90 degree rotation in either direction.Joshuah Wetzel

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Joshua,I haven't got yhe 747 so don't think i can use the PMDG version