Sign in to follow this  
TomEDDW

Major 744 Problem!! Help!!

I know...this has been discussed a few times before...But I cant get the Autopilot alive in the 744.I have Ver 1.1 installed.And I DONT have the Freighter installed.Everything workes fine until I try engaging the AP after takeoff.It simply doesnt work.What is this?Please help me!I want to start my 744 Career! ;)Thomas

Guest tlsuk

Hi Thomas.Ok lets start with a basic thing.Have you made sure the Autopilot disengage switch on the mode control panel (long white switch near auto pilot L C R buttons) is not activated.If it is click it off.If it is activated it will also show as a red warning on the EICAS panel.When you try to engage the Autopilot how do you attempt to do it? all you need to do is click either the L R C autopilot buttons.Also have you got you Flight Director and Autothrottle activated.Let me know.I will have a play around to try to see why you can activate the autopilot.Tony

Hey!The Disengage Bar is definately in the "UP" Position.I usually do my normal preflight as shown in the normal procedures.Both FD and Autothrottle are active.When I click onto one of the AP buttons (L,R,C) nothing happens.They do not illuminate. Not for a second.I can engage the Autoflight Modes but they will not work.No Caution Messages are shown in EICAS or FMC.Hope This helps in any way?Thomas

Guest tlsuk

Hi again.I don't know.I have just had a play with mine and the only time I can't engage the Autopilot in flight is if the Disengage Swith is activated.This is also without anything programmed in the FMC.On the Primary Flight Display,just above the Artifical Horizon do you have green letters CMD (command) in a green box.That will show if the A/P is engaged also.The only other thing I can think off and is just a guess is the settings withing FS9 or the PMDG settings menu when you press the ALT button on your keyboard.Tony

Guest Tom Meyer

Are your Yaw Dampers on?

Guest Loiosh

Don't forget to click the TO/GA button when you are throttling up. =)

Guest Tom Meyer

You don't need to do that just to engage the autopilot.

Guest andyman

Maybe there is a FSUIPC problem. Do you have a licensed version of FSUIPC? Go to the menu and make sure that "Reverse Elevator Trim Sense" or whatever IS NOT ticked.

I'm having the exact same problem. This just started after months of nice 744 flights (my favorite is Sydney to Ontario, a LONG flight).FD and AT are on, ensured autopilot disconnect is on... no CMD indication. Licensed version of FSUIPC. Completely dead autopilot from what I can see. The lights for SPEED, ALT, LNAV, VNAV... etc, all come on but do nothing.hmmmmmm

Gents,Have you tried reinstalling the 747-400? It sounds like you have a corrupted file. Try the following1) Remove the PMDG 747-400 using the Remove/Install software control panel in windows2) Install the PMDG 747-400 Ver 1.1 and validate the softwareLet me know if you continue to have trouble by contacting support at support @ precisionmanuals.comRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Another reason why it could not be engaging is that if you were flying the PMDG737 prior to it the 744 in the same session, i find that the 744's a/p will not engage.to resolve it, just restart FS9tomas

My problem vanished when I rebooted my computer. Not sure what happened in there but it had me baffled for a couple days. I did remember that I had installed the BBJ and the 1900D. But I doubt that either would have caused that problem. With regards to my problem and subsequent solution... do you know how a software engineer fixes a flat tire? He turns off his car and restarts it, hoping that the tire will fix itself. :-yellow1

Guest milliotseb

HI had something similar today.I want to do a KDEN KATL flight in 747FI start making an error : I use 747F and load a 747 panel state-> weird things -> no eicas ......, APU running but no infos on eicasSo finaly I start with default flight (c172 on ksea) and load 747f. Now I have a 747F with engines running. I shut down all buttons to have a 747F cold and dark sav.But even with that, no CMD working after takeoff.I made a lot of trials and I retry the default+load 747f and after I was able to engage CMD (I stay with 747F running)(without use FMC)Now I have record the 747F working situation and shutdown the engines -> to have a cold situation. I will stay with fs running and restart the flight laterI often use 747 and 737ng so I don't see where I made an error in 747F start -> that may cause the CMD problem. Any idea? No unusual lights on overhead or error on central display.Maybe someone could do a working 747F cold situation? We have a lot of 747 situations but no 747F (seems 747 situations are not compatible with 747F)I have all updates for 747 and 747F

Guest pilotbrian0

Most of the problems I'm reading on this seem to say "corrupt" file or windows process, but this last one just screams it.System wise, the 744 and 744F are very similar, and the panels are also quite similar. As I recall, the panel saves are completely compatible between them, though maybe someone from PMDG will correct me on that, I know I personally use panel saves from one on the other regularly with no issue.There has been one issue mentioned about if you use a certain airplane and then in the same session switch to the 744 having problems, I'd say to that user that they likely have a problem somewhere in their FS9 setup because from what I've seen of the way these are programmed, the gauges handle the autopilot completely independant of FS autopilot, so unless there are some gauge based variables that aren't getting reset by the 744, that doesn't make a lot of sense (the last situation is POSSIBLE, but unlikely, as any variable like that would be manipulated by the 744 at some point)-Brian