Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

[VIA] in 744

Guest Raptor

Hi all,In RTE page of The QueenI tried to set some points under VIA,but I couldn't ,even if I try ILS or SID or STAR or VOR or Vector..the big question that I need the answer to is:how to set points in VIA section? ,is it depend on something?since I install the queen, all of my flight plans are VIA DIRECTthe operating manual (PMDG747_400_OPERATING_MANUAL_V10) didn't give it clear.so please give me a clear answerABRAHAM

Guest tlsuk

Hi.The VIA section is used if you know the Airway number.The FMC can be programmed to navigate along a paticular Airway beyween two points on it.A place to find Airway numbers is at htt://rfinder.asalink.netThis site will plan a route for you between the two cities you wish to fly between and give you the airway numbers,(and it's free).When you programm the FMC the Airway number goes into the VIA section and the Waypoint into the TO section.Hope that has made it a little clearer.Contact me again if you need anymore help.Tony

Guest DLM9000

Also,If you have the route numbers and the PMDG FMC states 'invalid entry', your NAVDATA may be out of date, or different from that in which you pulled the route plan. (This happened to me). I updated my NAVDATA in FSBuild and in PMDG FMC and now all the 'VIA' entries (airways) I have used work.Dennis

Guest Raptor

Thanks a lot :)I'll try a long way trip ;)then I'll tell yabyebye

Guest Raptor

sorry, I was busy last daysabout the tripit's Ok and very well ;)but, till now I couldn't understand VIA sectionRaptor

Guest hirnwut

VIA = AirwaysFor example the flightplan from egll to ksfo:EGLL SID BUZAD UT420 WELIN UN57 POL UN601 TLA UL613 FINDO UM87 BAMRA UN584 SUM UM125 SIDER G11 MY G3 KEF 5E72 YFB N554C YYQ NCAE YYN J530 GTF J7 FMG STAR KSFO.Read it likeAfter the SID fly to BUZAD. After BUZAD fly to WELIN via UT420 (the airway). From WELIN to POL via UN57...When programming the FMC enter the Airways in the VIA field. On the LEGS page you'll find all the waypoints on this airway (FMC programs them automatically).For exampleRTEWELIN UN57 POLLEGSWELINTIMPOTNTPOL@lex

Guest Raptor

hi againYesterday I took a trip from Heathrow to Sanfranscisco. All of the route was DiRECT and here's it:EGLL LINDY CEDES VPKOG AXMUL RW28R KSFOI didn't use neither SID nor STAR, and it was very well.butwhen it's time to descent I selected an altitude to descent to, but the queen didn't descentWHY ???????????Raptor

Where did you set the new altitude? FMC or on the MCP (autopilot)? - To descend, set the new altitude on the MCP. If flying in VNAV mode you need to press the button (the one you rotated) to tell the FMC that that is the new altitude. You could also use FLCH to descend by engaging that mode, and it will descend maintaining the speed you have selected in the speed window. Alternatively you could also descend in V/S, by selecting the rate of descent you what to maintain, however the aircraft will not alter pitch to hold speed, so you either over or under speed in this mode.Sorry if it seems confusing, but I hope this helps you out :)

Alaister Kay

Guest Raptor

[[ If flying in VNAV mode you need to press the button (the one you rotated) ]]yes I did it ... but the queen didn't responde[[ You could also use FLCH to descend ]]Actually, this is my way to descent ..... unfortunately it doesn't descent either[[ Alternatively you could also descend in V/S ]]I didn't try this one,,,, I'll try it laterthank you very muchI wanna say somethingThe Queen wasn't like that before,it's being like stupid from one week.Raptor