Sign in to follow this  
Guest cx163

PFD/ND do not go blank when starting the APU

Guest cx163

Hi,Refer to the manaul, the PFD/ND should go blank when we rotate the APU START switch to ON and START. It doesn't happen in my sim, why?Thomas

It only goes blank if you do NOT have Engine or External Power on the main busses. That is, it only happens when you are on a ship powered by Standby Power only.Cheers.Q>

Guest cx163

i loaded the Type rating course 1 and follow the instructions to turn on the 'Battery' switch and the standby power selector is set 'AUTO'. External power set to off in the PMDG option and the engine wasn't started.I assume the ship is only powered by Standby Power only, anything i miss?Thomas

"I assume the ship is only powered by Standby Power only, anything i miss?"Doesn't seem so, Thomas. How long did it take you to switch from the overhead panel (after APU switch to START) to the main panel? The screens should be restored a few moments after the APU reaches 40%N2 (as I recall, though, PMDG744 screens appear a bit sooner)Cheers.Q>

Guest cx163

I swtich back to the main panel immediately (<5 sesc) after turned the APU swtich to START. I have also tried to click the PDF so that it displayed together with the overhead panel and then turn the APU switch, the PDF never go blank.Thomas