Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

If you haven't got it yet, you don't know what your missing!

I bought the Cargo 'F' version yesterday after months of teetering on the brink of buying and wondering whether I would be really using it instead of the Pax version.After getting 'Dillon's expert reccomendation also, I did and all I can say is "I really should have got it before.It's awesome and much better than the pax version. The sounds, model and general finish has been honed to perfection IMO.PMDG you have blown me away with this one. I managed the best 'greaser' manual landing, I have ever done because it is so much easier to fly.I love all the extra adiitions to parking and loading too. The sound of the nose rising for front loading is great.All in all, this really is the best and I am going to be having a lot of late nights flying it.Thank you for an superb and extremely enjoyable simulation.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest andyman

Looking back now i realize that the F is over-rated. Yea its got a big nose and some engine gauges. just my opinion.

>Looking back now i realize that the F is over-rated. Yea its>got a big nose and some engine gauges. >>just my opinion.Don't knock it until you've tried it. Your loss

Dave Taylor gb.png

I've been having fun with it also the past few nights. The loaders are cool...LOL. Doesn't take too much to please me.:-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Just picked it up recently too since flying the PAX version. Really love the Polar Air Cargo version (I did have the PAX PAC paint but the F version has the nice touches).I too find it is easier to hand fly. I thought it was just me. Why is that?Al Stiff

Not sure, I don't hand fly to much because I have to many add-ons running...LOL. It seems more or less like the PAX version though when I disco the A/P, so I'm not sure there's that much of a difference from a sim standpoint. The wings are still waggling down the ILS, although an RNAV appr seems a bit more straight.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest andyman

I do have the F, and it was all just standard PMDG-hype. Now if it was a 15 dollar add-on, it would please me, but 30 dollars for a few gauges, some sounds. and big opening nose doesn't cut it.

A flight on a 'Level-D 747' simulator would have cost you a great deal more than $30.To me, it's bloody cheap, and you get to use it anytime.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

I think you can´t really compare the PMDG744 and a real 747 simulator.Though PMDG made an awesome job in reproducing all the systems, especially the fmc, of the 744 for FS2004, sitting in a real 744 cockpit and having every switch and gauge right in front of you is something totally different from just sitting in front of your monitor and clicking around in a virtual environment.And btw, to me personally 30$ is not "bloody cheap" ( I think you will get the 737-300 PIC for 30$) but this does not mean that the F is too expensive to my mind. For me the cargo add-on for the QoS is worth every cent because it is really a step forward from the PAX version. You simply have to pay for quality, not only in flight simulation.