Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerpgh

Boxed Version??

Guest Hammerpgh

Hi all,I have been very keen to purchase the Queen of the Skies since it first came out but am just not too happy with the convoluted verification process and limited number of times it can be re-installed. As a result I am looking at getting the boxed version here in the UK. Just want some confirmation that the boxed and download versions are the same and I am not missing out on anything by going the boxed route.CheersPeter

Peter,The download version install process is not convoluted in the slightest - it will literally take 5 seconds - you type in the order number, your email address and password you used to make your PMDG ecommerce account and that's it.The number of installs allowed is a VERY high number and we've taken steps to ensure that people doing routine reinstalls on the same machine won't be bothered by it all. We understand there are people that reinstall their OS and FS all the time (I'm one of them myself!) and this is not something that's going to lock you out of installing for doing that. It's very very specific cases that trigger it - think of the sort of things a pirate would do if he/she were installing it to multiple machines... if you're not doing that stuff you have absolutely nothing to worry about.The boxed version does also require the validation by the way - the only thing you're gaining is a CD and a quick start guide. In my opinion you'd be better off with the download and using our Type Rating Course guides that are posted on the website...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Hammerpgh

Many thanks for the reply. It has certainly made me more confident of the whole process as I had been put off quite a bit after reading on the forums when the product first came out about problems some people were having.Perhaps it's time for me to take the plunge!!Thanks again.Peter