Sign in to follow this  
Guest ricere

USB Flight SIm Yoke/Pro Pedals

Guest ricere

Hello,I am new to the world of FS2004 (ex FS98 diehard 4845.0 Flight hours). Purchased 767 Level-D, PSS 777, and PMDG 747-400/400F. I have flown 280 hours so far in FS2004 using the PMDG 747-400/400F (money well spent and worth the transition!). Having a big problem mapping the USB Flight Sim Yoke to the program. Have a registered copy of FSUIPC 3.65 as well hoping it would bring me closer in programming buttons 1, 9, and 10. TOGA, Autothrottle Disconnect, and A/P Master, respectively. No luck whatsoever. On any other "generic" widebody aircraft, buttons work fine, but not with "payware" add-ons. Looking for some small instruction(s) on how to properly synchronize these buttons with the panel and enjoy a little more of the simulator experience. . Rich Rich - KSTLAbit AN8 Motherboard | AMD 64 4000+ CPU | Twin 2048 X 2 GB Corsair DDR400 RAM | NVIDIA VisionTek XTASY X300SE Hypermemory 256MB Video Card | ViewSonic A91f+ 19

Didn't you manage to find the Key assignment for PMDG in the Manual?Go to Menu within FS9, PMDG->General->Key board command.Assign your own key combination for TOGA = Ctrl-F1, AT diconnect Ctrl-F2....and so on.The within FSUIPC, assign Ctrol-F1 to your CH Yoke Button... and so on.Thats it.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest ricere

Manny,Thanks for the reply and yes I've read the 4 tutorials, but this is not working for me. What I need is exactly how to do this. Somethings I get others...not so good!

Hi Rich,A blow-by-blow set up which hopefully will work for you.The first thing to do, as Manny said, is set which key presses you want to use for the three actions, make sure those key presses are NOT set in the FS->Options->Controls->assignments.Click the menu item PMDG->General->Keyboard commandsScroll to item 55 'MCP set TOGA', click that entry then click 'Change Assignment' and press the key combination you want to use. Write down the key combo for later use.Do the same for item 56 'MCP Abort TO/DisconAT' and item 3 'MCP Press APDISCON'Once those key assignments have been made close that window to save the settings.Now open FSUIPC and go to the 'Buttons + switches' tab.Press the yoke button you want to use for TOGA and you will see a number appear in the 'Joy#' and 'Btn#' boxes indicating which 'joystick' button you have pressed.Tick the 'Select for key press' box on the left hand side.Click the 'Set' button for 'Press the key(s) to be sent when you press this button'. The box above the 'Set' button will show 'PRESS KEY' so now press the key(s) you assigned to TOGA in the PMDG keyboard assignments window.Make sure the 'Key press not to be held' box is ticked.Do the same thing for the other two buttons.Now you can, if you want, make those joystick buttons/key presses specific to the PMDG 747. Just tick the 'Aircraft specific?' box in the Buttons + switches' tab in FSUIPC. It will keep those settings for the aircraft you currently have loaded - I assume the PMDG 747.HTHDave

Guest ricere

Dave,Thank you very much! Based on what you gave me I was able to program my PMDG, PSS, and Level D add-ons. Life is good once again. If you ever need a route of flight to any two ICAO's just drop a line to me either hear or at ricere@charter.net.Cheers!Rich