Sign in to follow this  
NJ_Flyer

Sound Problem

G'DayWhats the latest regarding the Sound Crackling issue with the B747? Last I heard there was a patch in the works but that was quite some time ago now.Unfortuantly I have not been able to fly this aircraft due to the sound problem. Rather frustrating!

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

bump

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan,You sure you're talking about the same issue Armen and I are? I never heard anything crackling wise that was so bad as to make the plane unusable... you may have another issue going on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

G'DayThis is the problem that has been going on since release. A patch was released to fix it, it didnt fix the problem for everyone. I emailed Support and they said another patch is in the works.. this was a few months back. Yeah its unflyable as far as I am concerned. Unless you turn the sound off.

Cheers,
Ryan

would really appreciate a response from PMDG.

Cheers,
Ryan

>would really appreciate a response from PMDG.We'll release the new sounds as soon as our pilots on the beta team are happy with it - it's been through a bunch of revisions and we're trying to not only get rid of the crackle (which is now 100% gone on my setup) but make this as close to the real thing as humanly possible. We've already done some things with it that don't exist in any other addon soundset to our knowlege such as perfectly matched internal and external pitch curves (not just in the sound.cfg, but in the actual waveforms).I think you guys that are big on sound will be very happy with it - it shouldn't be long now, everyone seemed to be pleased with the last revision - after some final checks it should be good to go.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sounds good mate!

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest Celt

Curiously, what sound hardware do you have? There have been a number of "Sound Crackling" issues reported with many games using the Creative X-Fi cards . . . it's a known issue, and IIRC Creative now have new drivers which resolves many of the problems . . . game companies have been able to produce work arounds by using different encoding on their sound as it only appears to affect certain codecs.

Guest cfm56

Ive been using Creative x-fi sound card for a number of months now with no issues watsoever with the card on a whole or with its interaction with PMDG. Even bfore that I was using the onboard soundcard that came with my gygabyte amd64 board with no problems whatsoever. Possible users experiencing this problem can give the rest of us an idea of what system they are using with PMDG to see if there is a trend somewhere.Gideon

Im using an onboard soundcard. Havent had any problems other than this sound crackling issue.

Cheers,
Ryan

Sorry, double posted

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest PalmerFan4Life

>Hi Ryan,>>>The new soundsets are currently in the beta test phase, so>fingers crossed, it will be out soon... but of course no>specific dates on when! >>>As for the sound crackling, ive "heard" that this issue has>been addressed! ;)>>>Armen L Cholakian>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgWill the new soundset cost money or will it be free?Regards,Ryan

Well I sure hope they are free!

Cheers,
Ryan

YES!! new sound set. 2 things which I hope will be addressed, 1. engine spool up sound 2. engine start up sound respectively. I was one of the guys way back to really put this issue on the table. Tristan