Sign in to follow this  
Guest planeman223

PMDG 747 and Posky 747

Guest planeman223

Here is an interesting question for ya...Obviously I prefer the inside and flight dynamics of the PMDG but I think the POSKY wins on the outside with all of its details like engine startup smoke and wing views/flex. Can anyone tell me how to put the flight characteristics and panel in the posky 747? I will be so happy!! Ive been trying all day/thanks, al

Basically it won't be feasible Al. Besides which, to 'throw away' the External model of the PMDG 744 would be a shame, it is pretty well modelled, the wing flex in particular is the best out there. You'd be better off creating an effect file to add the smoke to the PMDG model if you really want it, though bear in mind the real 744 doesn't make a lot of smoke on start up anyway (at least not in temperate conditions).

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I'm not sure if it's possible, and if it is, I have no clue.That being said, PMDG does have engine startup smoke and wing flex.

Not Possible. The pmdg flight model is dependant on the afds which is why us cockpit builders cant use it with project magenta either.Gary

>Not Possible. The pmdg flight model is dependant on the afds>which is why us cockpit builders cant use it with project>magenta either.>>GaryThat has nothing to do with it actually - all of that stuff is contained within the panel gauges and the module, the visual model doesn't have anything to do with the flight model. Your issue is that our aircraft systems can't give commands to the Project Magenta displays and FMC. I doubt you'd want it this way anyway, the airplane would not perform anywhere near realistically without all the custom AP stuff we did with it...You could theoretically use another visual model with the panel, but I would not recommend trying it and we understandably cannot support doing so as far as instructions or helping if it doesn't work...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest planeman223

I started out by copying the panel and it seemed to work, then I copied the sound, that seemed to work. The thing that drives me to continue is in the beginning the flaps didnt correspond so I just copied the flaps from the aircraft file to the posky. It worked, why cant I do this with other aspects?althe main thing that I am trying to get are wing views nothing wrong at all with PMDG.

Guest planeman223

anyone want to take a stap at it? Give me suggestions Ill just backup the original and experiment alittle. If it works there will be alot of happy guys around here they all want wing views.