Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Broken comms?

Guest tcable

Periodically, and only in the 737, I'll run into a situation where all comms will be broken- can't tune radios, can't hear ATC, but I get the menus normally. It does not always happen, but enough times now that I'm irked :)Any ideas?I can't beleive how fun the Boenigs are after all this time. HAndflying approaches is a blast, and fairly easy these days. Even my first landing in the Whale was a good one!NOw I still have issues with taxying the 744. Too much speed scrubbs off in turns. not enough inertia, I think.

Sounds like your running the battery down. Make sure you check your overhead and panel and select the Engine generators ON after engine start per the after start checklist.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Oh I know what's going on. It's happened to me several times.If you loaded your 737 after setting a C&D with the default Cessna, make certain that your "Avioncs" switch is NOT turned off.This will solve your problemas.Tomas

Guest tcable

Nope, Neither. This happens even before I start engines- on gnd pwr or APU, and I am loading the aircaft initially (not froma flight, from the 'create a flight' UI screens.

I start with the default Cessna with everything turned off including the avionics switch. I've never had a problem starting up the PMDG 737NG or operating it during all phases of flight.

Dave Paige