Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

Tank to Engine

Guest Pilot53

I cant seem to understand why I have problems switching the fuel to tank to engine. When the eicas message come up I switch off the main overide pumps and then when I switch off the crossfeed valves I get a warning sound. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure that the quantities in the fuel tanks are fairly even when the message come up. Turn off the tank 2 and 3 Overide pumps. Close the outboard crossfeeds. Do not touch the inbd crossfeed valves (under guarded cover). If you still get a tank to eng message then one or more of the quantities is not correct. I assume that you have all the other pumps on except for the Centre and stab pumps?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Pilot53

Thats basically what I did, so I cancelled the eicas message and if I were to push recall the message would always return, anyway thaks for the reply.

I have a feeling that the PMDG logic behind the Fuel Tnk/Eng might be a bit too precise, ie if you don't go tank-to-engine at precisely equal tank levels then the message persists. PMDG: is there a tolerance built in to this logic? How close do the tank levels need to be?In this repect I could well be wrong but I know that I have had similar trouble, if I'm too early I get a 'Fuel X-feed config' message for example.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"When the eicas message come up I switch off the main overide pumps and then when I switch off the crossfeed valves I get a warning sound."Make sure _both_ inboard tanks are a few hundred kilos less than either of the outboard tanks before touching the switches ;)Cheers.Q>

Guest Pilot53

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. :-)