Sign in to follow this  
Guest Medic_1334

AIRAC destroyed FMC

Guest Medic_1334

Installed the 0606 AIRAC and now the FMC is telling me that EVERY navaid in the world is not in the database. I can punch in airports and SID/STAR routes that have an intersection or VOR on them but when i enter the point into the route page the FMC comes back with "NOT IN DATABASE". Can anyone help me with this?This happens on the PMDG 73NG 744 and 74F

I assume you mean the current cycle, which is 0607.Verify your airac files are in the correct place (...Flight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATA). There should be five text files (*.txt), with names like wpNavAID.txt. The file wpNavAID.txt contains the global navaid data. The SIDSTARS often define a fix at the same location as the navaid, but they rely on the airac files to define runways.If you have the navdata, and the FMC loads SIDSTARS okay, then it is a mystery why you can't enter a navaid. Maybe it's something obvious, we'll take it a step at a time. What point is generating the database error?

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm getting the same thing with AIRAC 0607. If I make a route in FSNav.export it to PMDG, then enter it as a company route, it works OK. But if I try to enter any route I've downloaded, all I get is--Not in database. Any help in understanding this thing would be appreciated.Russell.

What is the "any route I've downloaded" that doesn't work?

Dan Downs KCRP

This is one Virgin EGLL--KJFK EGLL-- LINDY UL9 SHA UL9 MALOT 5323N 5331N 5239N 5047N 5050N 5E56 YQX 5E4A YYG J573 ENE J55 PVD J225 NEWES KJFKRussell.

I might not be able to help (I'm not familiar with oceanic routes) but first thing is UL9-- it's not a fix or navaid. LINDY SHA & MALOT are in the airac files. I don't know what UL9 is supposed to be, sorry. Maybe you can focus on that as the problem or someone else can help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you sure you installed the AIRAC correctly? Just trying to see all possible angles.As for the flight plan you posted. I'm currently in flight, but I just tried it and it worked fine. I could enter every fix from the flight plan. I am using AIRAC 0607 as checked on my IDENT page.I know this doesn't help much, but I'm just trying to show you that it does work. Now we just need to figure out why your FMC isn't.EDIT: Just saw Dan's post. Dan, UL9 is an airway.Russell, you need to enter the airways on the left side of the route page and put it in order. What are you trying to enter when you get the error?Just to check this out. Set up the route with EGLL and KJFK like you should. Then go to the legs page and enter LINDY. Does is accept the fix?

ooooh! Yup, UL9 is in the wpNavRTE.txt file starting at MALOT. Should work if entered correctly... sorry, I lack Euro experience.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the help. Right in the middle of this I got a long phone call from NYC, so I'll have to check it out tomorrow evening. Got to be up early. I'll let you know how it goes.Russell.

Well,my problem could be just down to my own inexperience with the FMC. I thought the whole flt.plan should be entered on the route page. Following Mike's advice, I first entered LINDY on the legs page, then back to the route page, where everything went in correctly. When I get to the LAT/LON 5323N etc.I have to go back to the legs page to enter them, then back to the route page to enter the rest of the plan. Is this the correct way ? Thanks for your patience with this novice.Russell.

I think you are correct, the latlon fixes need to be entered on the LEGS page, but airway routes are entered on the RTE page. Think of the RTE screen as a shortcut to entering every leg of a route on the LEGS page and it doesn't seem like as much of a hardship. I've come up with a system for using COROUTES that works for me and saves a lot of time, which is an incentive.

Dan Downs KCRP

Russel,I always use the route page to enter my FP. You should be able to enter it this way. What you would do is enter your first fix, which in this case would be LINDY, at LSK R1. Line select key right 1, which is the upper right of those six keys. (Sorry if you already knew that) Then you would type in UL9 in the scratchpad, and press LSK L2. Next would come SHA and you would press LSK R2. This tells the FMC you want to go from LINDY to SHA on UL9.When you come to the LAT/LON coordinates, you enter them on the right side of the FMC and you can still use the route page. In this case, once you get the flight plan entered up to MALOT. You would type 5323N and LSK R4. You will see it pop up with direct to the left of 5323N, which is the FMC telling you it's going direct from MALOT to the LAT/LON coordinate of 5323N.Hopefully this will give you an idea. Good luck. Feel free to ask any more questions if you don't understand what I said.

Thanks, Mike, I'm still learning.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well Mike, I certainly knew which was LSK R1/L2 etc. but just as certainly did'nt know how to use them. Can't thank you enough for your excellent guidance. I've now entered the flight plan with no problem. Your time is very much appreciated.Russell.

Hello,I am new with the PMDG aircraft. When setting the FMC, I found out that my 737 FMC data base is not yet updated. Where can I download the updated data? and how should I do that (where do I need to save the downloaded data). ThanksHashry Adijan