Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

TO/GA switch and CTD...

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

...Hello guys,I am posting this just to see if PMDG or others can reproduce it and eventually take it into account and look into it...but it's not a real biggie(at least for me),although I believe it is worth investigating. During the rollout phase after landing, I wanted to cancel the A/T disconnect caution on the EICAS...and usually this can be done by RIGHT-clicking the TO/GA switch on the panel again. On two occasions I accidentally LEFT-clicked the TO/GA switch during the rollout and this caused a CTD after an initial freeze/lockup of FS9 with a windows error reporting window popping up.It's fine left-clicking to activate the TO/GA on take off or go-around in the air as per normal procedures, but if u do it on rollout after landing it crashes FS9.Any info or news on it would be appreciated...maybe it's just me/system dependant..or maybe this could be the cause of some CTDs reported, which seemingly had no explanation.Best regards,Bjornwww.stevens-va.de

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Just to update on this.Yesterday I was flying circuits at EDDK and decided to go-around, as I clicked the TO/GA switch I had a CTD. A few hours before I executed a go-around on final to the same airport after a 6 hour flight and had no problem. It seems to be random.I am puzzled since I never experienced this before. I have a basic FS9.1 installation with no add-ons whatsoever except the PMDG 737NG package (600-900) and the 747-400/400F.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Bjornwww.stevens-va.de

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi Mats,today I flew for a few hours, circuits around EDDK, then down to EDDF and executed go-arounds without any problems. I even left-clicked the TO/GA switch on the ground after landing and nothing happened. I wonder what was wrong or when/why it happens, if something specific triggers it.Anyway I will keep an eye on it and try to close FS and re-open it and attempt again...if I stumble across it again I will eventually uninstall and re-install the 744.Thanks,Bjorn