Sign in to follow this  
Guest larryewood

Help with 747X speed and altitude settings

Guest larryewood

Hi All,I am having trouble with my 747X and am wondering if anyone can give me some help. First of all I use Flight Simulator X with Windows XP Professional. Now for the problem. The aircraft begins with engines running and the speed set to 200 kts. and altitude set at FL 100. When I try to adjust the speed and altitude settings I am unable to adjust them upward. They will only adjust downward no matter which side of the button I click. I will appreciate any help I can get. I bought this beautiful aircraft over a week ago and have yet to fly her. Thanks in advance,Larry Wood

Guest j-mo

Use right mouse-clicks to increase and left to decrease.

Guest larryewood

Thank you so much. Now I have another question. The MFD in front of the captain does not work. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works. The FO's MFD works fine but not he Captains. Any ideas?Thanks again,Larry Wood

Maybe a screen shot?There are five screens, Capt PFD ND, and the EICAS in the center followed by the FO ND and PFD. There is a secondary EICAS below on the console.The ND doesn't "come alive" until the IRS is aligned.Larry, be sure to at least browse the operations manual. It is required reading in learning how to operate the aircraft. The complexity is realistic and very unlike the simplistic default aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP