Sign in to follow this  
Guest beans

help'how to transfer fs9 generated flightplan directly into the FMC'

Guest beans

Hi EveryoneI was wondering if somebody could shed some light on the above request.At the moment I am using the fs9 for all my routeplaning and ATC.I do not have any problems with tranferring route points into the FMCmanually for short jouneys-But when its long haul than it becomes a nightmare-as you guys know some routes have more than 20 vors etc to programme.This takes along time for me-espcially when I have to repeat things due to wronge entries etc.To bypass these steps I was wondering if there is a way of saving the fs9 flightplan so that you can SAVE it DIRECTLY into the FMC routeplan directory. I notice that the FMC only recognises routes planned throughit in the *.rte format,whereas fs9 only saves the routes in the *.plnformat.Is there a way of converting the .pln format directly to the .rte format? I would appriciate all the help -if it's possible please send a little tutorial and if I have to get another programme please advise .Many thanks -looking forward to help form you guys.Beans

For long haul plans: Have you tried entering airways instead of waypoints ? You can save a lot of work.There's a very simple tool called "RouteFinder" that helps a lot in that labour:http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/Jose Luis.

Guest Loiosh

I use FS Navigator. With a small DLL file download it exports directly into the PMDG FMC.