Sign in to follow this  

Installing TRC

Fellow Captains:As Cpt. Randazzo stated the PMDG 747 is more advanced that it appeared at first. The FMC does more than I thought. I have done a lot of good flying with it but I would like to go through the TRC Lessons. I copied eveything exactly as it says in the documentation and was able to get through lesson 1. I went to do lesson 2 and found the plane not powered up as the lesson states when seleceting the flight for lesson 2 - part 1. I believe my folder structure has been compromised. I have tried renaming folders and manually copying files as noted in the doumentation and also extracting the zip files as instructed in the documentation but all the files don't seemm to be in the correct place. Sorry to run on here. When I bought my first PMDG plane I made a fresh install on a large drive just for FS. All addons have been installed there. The folder structure is Program Files/Flight Simulator 9/and the tree goes on from that.Are my folder names wrong for the install using extract from Winzip?Regards and I would appreciate any help or suggestionsRickRick

Rick,Your folder stucture as far as you've told looks fine. Be sure you have the Use Folder option checked in WInZip. If the plane still isn't powered up then there's a good opportunity to revise the startup procedure.Hope it helps,

Matts:Thank you so much for the reply. I have no complaints at all with PMDG. I know this is something I have done because there are duplicate folder names and when I ran a duplicate file scan the lesson files(and others) showed up all over the place. I think I am using the Winzip folder option but if the folders aren't in the right place or named wrong then it isn't going to work. I am having a lot of fun with the 747 and can fly fairly well but the lessons will help I am sure. There is still so much to learn. I may try a reinstall/repair for FS9 and maybe the correct folder names will appear. My setup has worked so well I am afraid to change anything.Thanks againRegardsRick