Sign in to follow this  
Guest beans

Help with ATC vectering in fsbuild

Guest beans

hi GuysI recently bought fsbuild to help transfer the routeplan directly into the FMC.Once I have planned a route I export it both to pmdg and fs2004,thinking that the fs9 ATC will be happy with the route headings etc-But unfortuantely this is not tha case.During the flight the fs ATC starts vectering me away from the fsbuild route.an example is The fsbuild heading will be 230 degrees and the ATC will start trying to vecter me to something like 163 degrees.And it keeps repeating the message for ever-and on few occasions the ATC terminates services if I don't change the heading.The questions are?1 How can I get the fs ATC to follow the fsbuild headings etc.2 If not than what other add-on will allow this.Looking forward to your helpTass

I assume you are loading a PMDG rte file. I think FS relies on a pln file. Hope this helps... I quit using the AI ATC function because it was so unrealistic, and I believe that is why VATSIM is so popular.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest beans

Thanks for the reply Dan.I don't think I am good enough to start flying with any virtual airlines.I am at the level where take offs can be a nightmare.What's Radar contact 4 like-does this have a more realistic off lineATC.Tass:-(

Hi, Radar Contact is way better than the default ATC, but this can make things a little more complicated as it is more realistic :) As regard the vectoring with the default ATC - that is more of an Americanism :( since i beleive that flying in other areas, such as Europe, you mainly fly the departure route you file/cleared for in your flight plan without much ATC interaction.What I do (when I do use them :) ) is compile the flight plan in FSBuild then export to the PMDG RTE format as well as the FS9 PLN format. That way using the 2 should match and the ATC should only vector you a little. If using RC4, you have the option to be given vectors or fly the route you planned.

Alaister Kay

If you click on the banner below my signature it will take you to their site where you can get a feature description. I've been using it for over two years (I just became a beta team member) and am quite pleased with it. You can also look at the support forum here on AVSIM.Look for my name in threads here on this forum rather than have me repeat my comments to extend this thread.I use the 737NG 600/700/800/900, FS Build 2.22, Active Sky 6, AISmooth v1.12, and RC 4.01.This combo lets my fly very realisticly.The only thing I add to Alaister's correct comments is that you also can fly published departure procedures as well if you do not want vectoring. For both there are options to "loosen things up" if you need to.

Guest beans

Thanks everyone-looks like it's going to be RC4 than.I will keep you posted when I get it.Tass