Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitchdawg22

navigation software for pmdg

Guest mitchdawg22

what do you guys suggest is a good software program to help with the FMC navigation database. I used to have one that was really good and let you import the the lfight plan directly to the FMC on the 737, anoyone remember that software brand? anyone have any other good suggestions???thanksCaptain Grant

Guest beans

Hi captain GrantI also had the same problem and I was recommended the 'fsbuild 2.2'.I would recommend this because you can plan your flight here and export it to the 737 FMC folder,or the level-D navdataflights folder or anywhere you like.The exporting is very easy-you select the option in the dropdown menu where you want to export the created flightplan.The 747-400 is not supported at the moment but I read on this forum that the FMC folder for 737 and the 747 is same-therefore you should be able to load the created flightplan in the FMC of either the 737 or 747 through the co-route loading option.For further info look at the fs site.http://www.fsbuild.comHope this helps.Tass

Guest chuckburmester

I have both FS Build and FS Navigator. My personal opinion, I like FS Navigator better and it will also export to the 737 or 747 and to flight simulator itself. And I also like it to open the map during flight to look up ils frequencies.http://www.fsnavigator.com/Chuck

Both are very good but have different personalities.I selected FSBuild since I did not need a moving map and I wanted to run it without using FS. FSBuild also interfaces with flavors of Active Sky so winds aloft are taken into account for estimated headings, ground speed, and they are used for their built in fuel planning.I like the idea of the route window where I can paste real world routes such as found on flightaware.com and just have to touch up the DP/STAR names a bit.While not perfect, the FSB autorouter works pretty well.It met my needs nicely.