Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmydj

Programming FMC for 737

Guest jimmydj

Hi to all,I'm new in this forum.I fly with the beautiful 737 series for fs9 and now i'm arrived at a point that I need to generate personal SID/STAR for Airports that ar not included into the file presented in navdata.atAlso some procedures are wrong and i found some troubles to adjust the procedures myself.For example to takeoff from rnwy 9 of LIPQ the procedure needs a turn to hdg270 when passing 600ft and than proceed to the waypoint IPINO intercepting the radial 227 from VOR RCH. Well, when i select on the FMC the correct SID, it insert a DISCO at 600. Looking the at the cockpit, I note that the path of LNAV begins on the start of the rnwy and not at the end. Why this? Infact the point of the 600ft is displaied before the end of the rnwy and probally this could be wrong for the FMC to create the right route.Another ....At the same airport, if I don't declare an NDB as fix, the FMC doesn't take the point as NAVAID to use for intercept radials (also with VOR). Infact in the database of FMC are present 2 points with the same name.But in case of same name, don't the FMC select automatically the point nearest you?The last question. Is somewhere a program to generate automatically the sid/star (for personal use and than sharing on navadata) without write myself the file TXT?Thanks in advance for your patience reading this post and another compliments to the PMDG staff that have created these aircrafts (specially waiting the MD11).Best regards.D.Castelli

I recommend first reading about SIDSTARS in the PMDG Ops section (http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/Main_Page select All Pages List from navigation list, then select SIDSTARS). This article includes info on where to get procedures and the tutorial on how to create them.PMDG doesn't develop navdata. However, there are many people in the community active in this particular area to fill the need. It sounds like you might be interested in learning how to create or update procedures, which would be good.I notice that the last time a procedure file for LIPQ was uploaded to NavData was 2003... maybe you can put something there soon. Good Luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

I would suggest the you start by getting your procedures from www.planepath.com rather the at navdata.at. The procedures at navdata.at are user created procedures uploaded to navdata.at. They are by no means a complete set.After you've downloaded and installed the procedures from www.planpath.com I sould get the much improved procedures created by Dan Downs and Timothy Metzinger and install those on top of the ones from planepath. If after doing that you are still missing procedures for a specific airport, then look at navdata.at and see if someone has done it. If not, you'll probably have to do it yourself.Hope this helps.

Dave Paige