Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

FS9 Realism Settings - For PMDG Planes

Hi Guys,I've searched the forum, but couldn't find a concrete answer on this. I have my FS realism settings at 50%, because I think I set it that way due to a recomendation by a add-on developer for another plane.Should I be using 100% for PMDG planes? Is the model coded that way, and or is there any benefit to it?Thanks in advance,John

I've always used full realism, including killing the autorudder. I think it's up to personal preference.. depends on if you like to tackle crosswind landings or prefer to let autoland have the fun. I've read in the forum that the flight model is pretty realistic, which I can't comment on because I've never handled a jet. But I have 30+ years flying mostly pressurized piston twins and even with the max realism turned on I don't think FS is as close as it should be. I usually use On Top when I want to brush up on my instrument scan but this is a $100 program with no scenery at all (none, zip, etc).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guys, Let me see if I can get an answer on this from EV... would be a good thing to have in Ops.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Guys, >>Let me see if I can get an answer on this from EV... would be>a good thing to have in Ops.Thanks Ryan, keep us posted.- John

>Guys, >>Let me see if I can get an answer on this from EV... would be>a good thing to have in Ops.Hi Ryan,Any official word on this?Thanks,John

EV's been really busy with other work guys, haven't been able to talk to him. I will update this and add an Ops FAQ entry about it as soon as I know more though.For now though I'd assume setting the General Realism slider to the maximum or one notch below max is probably best.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com