Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrew59it

747 TO/GA question

Guest andrew59it

Hi all,I have a probably stupid question, but I didn't find an answer on the forum.Before takeoff I set my throttle at 70% N1 as I read in many tutorials. Then I press to/ga switch. N1 rise up and the 747 start the take off. After a while (still on the runway) throttle setting goes back to 70 % so I have to advance my throttle to full power to continue the take off. Is it normal? I don't understand how to/ga and auto thrust interact each other.Thanks in advanceAndrea

To my (limited) knowledge:On the real airplane if you press TOGA during takeoff roll, the autothrottle will position throttle levers to set desired takeoff thrust. After a while AT will switch to "THR HOLD" (if i recall correctly) and will allow to make manual thrust adjustments.Here comes the problem:Because most of our simulator hardware throttles aren't equipped with servos, when you position throttles at 70% N1 and activate AT, it will set takeoff thrust without (obviously) actually moving the hardware throttles...After a while, when the AT switches to "THR HOLD" mode and sees some movment on the levers axis (joystick jitter) it will reduce thrust back to approx 70% N1.My solution:Use FSUIPC to calibrate throttle axis. Make sure at idle thrust joystick doesn't generate any jitter and it reads 0.During the takeoff roll, just after you kick in AT TOGA mode position your hardware throttles quickly back to idle and don't touch them. AT will maintain takeoff thrust after switching to "THR HOLD" mode (no jitter on the axis).Uhhh...that was long...excuse me any spelling errors.Anyone has better solution to this problem?

Regards,

Radek

"During the takeoff roll, just after you kick in AT TOGA mode position your hardware throttles quickly back to idle and don't touch them. AT will maintain takeoff thrust after switching to "THR HOLD" mode (no jitter on the axis)."The approved "workaround" for PMDG, LDS, PS1, etc... is to push your joystick thrust lever fully _forward_ and leave it there until top of descent (rather than pulling it backwards). ;)Cheers.Q>

Guest hirnwut

Hey Andrea.Go and check the PMDG-General Menu. At the AFDS tab check if "Controls Override" is selected. If so deselect it. You won't be able to manually reject the T/O with your joystick-throttle now, but this should fix your problem...regards@lex

Guest hirnwut

>I've been using Qavion's method for a couple of months now>and it worksquite well. In maybe 10 years or less we'll have>servo-equipped thrust levers. Until then... >Best Regards,>Victor Lima>>SBGL>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpgwell I guess it's not a matter of time...more a matter of money :-vuur

Guest Loiosh

-pokes GoFlight a few times-. I'd pay $600 for their quadrant to have FF. (Force Feedback)